Mining and Combat? 04/21/2015 01:06 AM CDT

Just wondering how everyone is getting their mining done? I was lucky for someone to show me a pretty safe mining location. No mobs spawn there. But if I go one room over, I'm screwed. I got there for all my mining needs and training. But, mining with some friends the other day got me thinking. How do you mine solo with mobs coming at you all the time? I was lucky to have a more combat savvy person guard me. I honestly wouldn't mind that, as it'll give me someone to chat with while mining. But, that may get boring pretty quickly to the other person.

In another thread someone mentioned a cycling spell that kept them safe? I'm playing a cleric, so I'm not sure if I have one of those. Any hints on that spell, though? Do you clear the rooms of mobs first? I haven't hunted much, but I know those pesky louts gang up on me. I can imaged the higher leveled monsters. Honestly, I was thinking about getting my worn shield level up super high, then mining. But won't I get a "you can't mine while in combat" or something?

Thanks in advance.

I can resist anything but temptation.
AIM: EzBreezi82
Re: Mining and Combat? 04/21/2015 02:11 AM CDT
You can mine in combat, you just have to get your defensive skills up high enough so that whatever spawns there can't easily kill you. If you haven't been there yet, you might want to try mining at the Wicked Burrow Mine near Dirge. The majority of the mine is monster free.

ā€œIā€™m sorry that your mystical, godlike powers do not instantly work as you would like them to.ā€
Re: Mining and Combat? 04/21/2015 07:57 AM CDT
Thanks, I will check that out

I can resist anything but temptation.
AIM: EzBreezi82
Re: Mining and Combat? 04/21/2015 08:14 AM CDT
If your guild has a cyclic TM or debil spell they are awesome for mining also.

[20:11] Chatter[Arathael] Usually only get skill when it's successful.
[20:13] Chatter[Morpion] Thats why Arathael has 0.00 ranks in Getting Girls
[20:14] Chatter[Arathael] =(
Re: Mining and Combat? 04/21/2015 11:39 AM CDT

You can also make friends with a bard. Sanctuary is nice for situations like this.