Mining Requirements? 12/11/2014 02:48 PM CST

I've always thought the mining requirements were pretty much 200 ranks, perception, outdoormanship, and maybe appraisal.

I'm still struggling to see the metals that I can mine in rooms, have these requirements been made tougher? Is there a guide on skills requirements to work to?

Perception - 221
Outdoormanship - 206
Appraisal - 233

Am I missing something?

Thanks for any help
Re: Mining Requirements? 12/11/2014 04:47 PM CST
<<Thanks for any help

My pricing structure for help:
encouragement and general words of support - free!
Yes or no answer - $50
basic help - $100
good help - $150
excellent help - $200
hand-holding - $250

(Couldn't resist)

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: Mining Requirements? 12/11/2014 05:38 PM CST
I don't remember the exacts of when a newer character of mine could finally see the stuff, but I think you are getting close, sir.

"Brace yourselves, Squanto is going to bleh blah fart fart bleh.." -the player of the character formerly known as Pureblade
Re: Mining Requirements? 12/11/2014 10:52 PM CST
If i'm not mistaken I was around 250 in all three skills before seeing metals regularly.

Avshara
Re: Mining Requirements? 12/12/2014 10:41 AM CST
>If i'm not mistaken I was around 250 in all three skills before seeing metals regularly.

It's based on an average of the skills, not each individual skill. Or at least it used to be.

Don't forget to vote:

http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Mining Requirements? 12/12/2014 11:41 AM CST

Looks like I'm a bit short on the requirements then.... more weeks of standing still collecting rocks needed!!

Great reply on the pricing structure! :)
Re: Mining Requirements? 12/12/2014 04:27 PM CST
Are mentals involved at all?

Also, can't you prospect for exp even if you don't plan to mine? I was doing that, but I was underwhelmed by the experience.
Re: Mining Requirements? 12/12/2014 04:38 PM CST
>>Are mentals involved at all?

I think wisdom or intel is factored in, but IMO it cares a lot more about (three) skills than the (one) stat.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Mining Requirements? 12/12/2014 09:22 PM CST
Wisdom points count 3x as much as skill ranks do. So it does help a bit.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: Mining Requirements? 12/13/2014 01:03 AM CST
<<Thanks for any help

My pricing structure for help:
encouragement and general words of support - free!
Yes or no answer - $50
basic help - $100
good help - $150
excellent help - $200
hand-holding - $250

(Couldn't resist)>>

Oh Absolon, you made my day, week and weekend! Like MC--priceless!

Zinaca and her baby wolf, Lucky
Re: Mining Requirements? 12/13/2014 06:44 AM CST

Wow, I didn't know stats counted into the deal of mining....

Current Progress:
Wisdom - 38
Outdoormanship - 208
Perception - 223
Appraisal - 233

Does anything factor into mining that I'm not aware of?

Just been to prospect under the keep, I managed to see what metals are on offer in 3 out of the 8 rooms I checked, so maybe I'm quite close?
Re: Mining Requirements? 12/13/2014 09:10 AM CST
Yup, you're close.

"Brace yourselves, Squanto is going to bleh blah fart fart bleh.." -the player of the character formerly known as Pureblade
Re: Mining Requirements? 12/13/2014 10:00 AM CST
I believe the workability of the metal present affects how difficult it is to identify.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: Mining Requirements? 12/13/2014 10:09 AM CST
Keep in mind there's also a random component, so you might be able to see the metal if you try several times.
Re: Mining Requirements? 12/17/2014 02:30 PM CST

You can mine in a room even if you can't see what's there. That's how I've gotten most of my 210 ranks of outdoorsmanship. Just means you might be mining for a metal you don't want.

Alesea