New to mining and have a quick question 03/09/2014 01:23 PM CDT
I've been playing around with mining and trying to read up what I can in forums but can't seem to find the answer to this.

I keep reading about an area being mined out. Is that an actual point when you can't mine a spot anymore until the material repopulates or when it gets down to "scattering of resources remains to be found."

Been digging in same room for over an hour and haven't reached that point but the room occasionally gets refilled to a higher amount so I'm curious about this.
Re: New to mining and have a quick question 03/09/2014 01:29 PM CDT
If you have the skill to see the resources, there will come a point when they're both gone. It will still message as "a scattering of resources remains to be found", but it will no longer list what those are, and you won't get any more drops. Eventually, the room will refresh.

> the room occasionally gets refilled to a higher amount so I'm curious about this

Mining gives a room temporary protection from being refilled, unless the room is completely empty. So if you're getting a refill, you must be hitting empty. Refills are also when the stone/metal of a room can change.
Re: New to mining and have a quick question 03/09/2014 04:20 PM CDT

Thanks for the info! Looks like I've been like a kid digging in a sandbox at some points then. Good to know I can move on at that point for more prosperous grounds.