Prospect Careful 03/26/2013 09:02 PM CDT
How about changing prospect careful into looking for new ores: character commanded repop (possibly with a few minutes on allowed usage). If this were done, fewer prospectors would wander around and the people who do the action for exp would not ruin rooms.
Re: Prospect Careful 03/26/2013 09:18 PM CDT
>>How about changing prospect careful into looking for new ores: character commanded repop (possibly with a few minutes on allowed usage). If this were done, fewer prospectors would wander around and the people who do the action for exp would not ruin rooms.

So instead of wasting the one chance to boost the amount of ore (which is friggin annoying but certainly doesn't "ruin" anything), the suggestion is to let people's script to wander into your room and trigger the room to change your rare metal spawn into common metals?

Or am I completely misunderstanding what you wrote?

Apu
_
Respect. Integrity. World Domination.
https://sites.google.com/site/apucorpdr/
Re: Prospect Careful 03/26/2013 09:40 PM CDT
>>Or am I completely misunderstanding what you wrote?

I think this, although I'm not certain. I read it like 5 times, and I still don't understand what he's suggesting. But I think it's not what you posted.

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors."
-Raesh
Re: Prospect Careful 04/21/2013 05:39 AM CDT
I wasn't asking for an overpop of material. I wanted prospect careful to look for new material that would be added to the drop chances. Say we have a room with iron and obsidian. I'm happily mining away the obsidian and my buddy wants to mine something else and talk with me while he teaches me some TM (him playing a warmie this time). He chooses prospect careful silver, sits in rt for ~20sec, and has maybe a 10% shot of something showing up (not always what he wants). Now, if we have three working veins, the prospect careful <type> does nothing.

This is just how I saw the idea being worked out. Make rares ~.1% and ultra rares ~.05% with the command as it should not be used to replace luck pops.