Theren breech tunnel issue 02/24/2013 08:44 AM CST
There are sections of the Theren breech tunnels which are mineable but you are forced into a kneeling postion. Apparently you can't mine while kneeling. Can something be done about this?

K> prospect
>You see evidence of mineral deposits and are certain a substantial quantity remains to be found.
>This area is composed of metamorphic rock layers.
>Studying the geology, you are certain that continued mining will be quite safe.
>You are certain that alabaster can be mined here.
>You are certain that silver can be mined here.
>Miners stand ready to trade resources in for deeds. Just PUSH any mined up stone or metal, and they'll take care of the rest.
>Roundtime: 9 sec.

K>mine
>You probably would have better luck while standing.
K> stand
>You begin to get up and SMACK! your head against the rock ceiling.

At least it was just silver that I was trying to get. Would've been quite the kick in the teeth if it were something even more rare.

~Minstrel Ascot, Bladesinger of M'riss
Re: Theren breech tunnel issue 02/24/2013 09:05 AM CST
Have you tried being a gnome, halfling or dwarf? :D

It was probably designed that way, and those specific sections are working as intended is my guess.

Blackguard Danoryiel

"Sogan udazama umbunor fau arrazoi inishatu seiremisai. (Only the fallen have nothing to despair)"
Re: Theren breech tunnel issue 02/24/2013 09:11 AM CST
I am a Halfling. Maybe just gnomes? Still seems silly to make those rooms generate materials if only one race in the game can actually mine them. I'd say either let us mine while kneeling or just switch those rooms off for mining.

~Minstrel Ascot, Bladesinger of M'riss
Re: Theren breech tunnel issue 02/24/2013 09:23 AM CST

>Still seems silly to make those rooms generate materials if only one race in the game can actually mine them

ahh, finally a perk for being a gnome. 3 rooms to mine all to yourself (if gnomes actually can mine those rooms that is) :)

>I'd say either let us mine while kneeling or just switch those rooms off for mining.

Honestly i'm not bothered either way since I don't mine (yet?) but sure. That makes sense. So much for those gnome perks =/

Blackguard Danoryiel

"Sogan udazama umbunor fau arrazoi inishatu seiremisai. (Only the fallen have nothing to despair)"
Re: Theren breech tunnel issue 02/26/2013 09:38 PM CST

no gnome standing either. my gnome has had to pass up several lumium, platinum, gold, and other veins in those areas due to not being able to stand.
Re: Theren breech tunnel issue 03/11/2013 11:06 AM CDT

Mining in Theren under the keep is a complete nightmare. Some rooms you can't stand in, so can't mine, and some other rooms you can't retreat in, so you have to stop and fight the spiders if you want to move on.

Maybe this could be tweaked once other parts of the system have received their attention? I'd love to mine in Theren, but always opt not to now
Re: Theren breech tunnel issue 03/13/2013 12:05 AM CDT
there are some areas completely viable for mining. Just have to know which ones are which. But yes, Theren's breech tunnels definitely need a look. At least let gnomes stand there, a much needed racial perk.