Mining rollover bug? 02/22/2013 01:52 PM CST
Is it possible there is a bug which causes skill to rollover to zero? I'm finding less material now at 1k+ outdoorsmanship skill than when I had 600 foraging skill.

Ranger

Nature bonus - You inhale deeply, a resounding howl breaking forth from within you, resonating strongly into the distance as if to announce your mastery of the wilds!

Spells - WOTP, Ease, BES @ 16, WS

Skills -
Perception 841
Outdoorsmanship 1007
Appraisal 616

Shovel -
You analyze every minute detail of the wide shovel and smile knowingly to yourself.
This appears to be a crafting tool and it is in pristine condition.
This tool is used to shovel fuel in a forge, and mine stone, ore and gems.
The workmanship is masterfully-crafted.
Assessing the shovel's durability, you determine it is rather flimsy and easily damaged.
About 8 volume of metal was used in this item's construction.
This tool looks recently cleaned and will resist damage for a time.
This tool appears to be exceptionally effective at increasing crafting speed.
You find it impossible to identify who crafted this item.
The metal appears to have been slowly tempered to improve its durability.
Roundtime: 10 sec.

Room -
You see evidence of mineral deposits and are certain a substantial quantity remains to be found.
This area is composed of metamorphic rock layers.
Studying the geology, you are certain that continued mining will be quite safe.
You are certain that schist can be mined here.
You are certain that lumium can be mined here.
A diagram on the wall shows the location of additional resources still available for mining.
Miners stand ready to trade resources in for deeds. Just PUSH any mined up stone or metal, and they'll take care of the rest.
Roundtime: 12 sec.

Mining drops -
Pebbles scatter and a plume of dust hazes the air as your wide shovel strikes stone. A dislodged schist pebble topples free.
Roundtime: 4 sec.

Pebbles scatter and a plume of dust hazes the air as your wide shovel strikes stone. A dislodged schist rock topples free.

Pebbles scatter and a plume of dust hazes the air as your wide shovel strikes stone. A dislodged schist pebble topples free.

Roundtime: 5 sec.

Pebbles scatter and a plume of dust hazes the air as your wide shovel strikes stone. A dislodged schist stone topples free.

Pebbles scatter and a plume of dust hazes the air as your wide shovel strikes stone. A dislodged schist boulder topples free.(edit <---This boulder was a 99 quality)

A spill of stone reveals the faint glimmer of metal beneath!

Pebbles scatter and a plume of dust hazes the air as your wide shovel strikes stone. A dislodged schist stone topples free.

Waves of debris spill forth as you repeatedly strike the earth with your wide shovel. When the dust clears, both a schist pebble and a tiny lumium shard are visible on the ground.
Roundtime: 8 sec.

Waves of debris spill forth as you repeatedly strike the earth with your wide shovel. When the dust clears, both a schist pebble and a huge lumium shard are visible on the ground.
Roundtime: 7 sec.

Waves of debris spill forth as you repeatedly strike the earth with your wide shovel. When the dust clears, both a schist pebble and a medium lumium shard are visible on the ground.

Waves of debris spill forth as you repeatedly strike the earth with your wide shovel. When the dust clears, both a schist stone and a large lumium shard are visible on the ground.

Pebbles scatter and a plume of dust hazes the air as your wide shovel strikes stone. A dislodged schist rock topples free.
Roundtime: 10 sec.

Waves of debris spill forth as you repeatedly strike the earth with your wide shovel. When the dust clears, both a schist stone and a huge lumium shard are visible on the ground.
Roundtime: 8 sec.

Roundtime: 6 sec.

18 volumes of lumium from a substantial vein when I used to get 40-60 volumes from substantial and 50-80 volumes from enormous at lower skill seems off. There wasn't even that much on the stone side, just one boulder. If all that skill I have just improves quality, I'd rather see volume go up and quality stay the same as I gain skill.

Tiny lumium shard quality of 97
Huge lumium shard quality of 91
Medium lumium shard quality of 90
Large lumium shard quality of 92
Huge lumium shard quality of 98

If there was a drop in the amount of material produced from veins overall, just how bad is it for miners with less than 500 outdoorsmanship?
Re: Mining rollover bug? 02/22/2013 03:35 PM CST
Do you have more data than one test? It could just be a case of the RNG not being your friend. I've had times where I get a lot of metal from a vein, and times when I get a little.

The teeth lands a solid (5/23) hit that pokes the teeth into Turul's rear end (more embarrassing than painful!).
Re: Mining rollover bug? 02/23/2013 09:31 AM CST
I'm going to be doing a larger test set with a more common metal. Lumium isn't common enough to do extensive testing.