mastercrafting 08/18/2020 08:36 AM CDT
From the weaponsmithing crafting discipline you have been trained in Basic Bladed Weapon Design, Proficient Bladed Weapon Design, Advanced Bladed Weapon Design, Expert Bladed Weapon Design, Basic Blunt Weapon Design, Proficient Blunt Weapon Design, Advanced Blunt Weapon Design, Basic Polearm Weapon Design, Advanced Polearm Weapon Design, Simple Martial Weapon Design, Advanced Swappable Weapon Design, Metal Weapon Tempering, and Weapon Honing.
Forging: 640 30% clear (0/34)

question for the group: why am i not able to mastercraft a hcs bastie am i just short a few ranks or am i missing a required Technique?
Re: mastercrafting 08/18/2020 12:56 PM CDT
The only tech I see missing that may help at your ranks is "Expert Swappable Weapon Design"

Rhadyn da Dwarb - Blood for fire!

Barbarian Guild Suggestions
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h4L5hAxR1-VLDegDNZBIhGdo5bMgnCtm84Icm2E0utU/edit#gid=0
Re: mastercrafting 08/18/2020 07:50 PM CDT
Bastard swords are a difficulty 9 item. Items with a difficulty of 9 or higher cannot be mastercrafted without the associated tech, regardless of ranks. I have 1200+ Forging and a 20% forging buff and I can't MC a bronze bastard sword, because I don't have the tech.

See NOTE 1 under the difficulty table.

https://elanthipedia.play.net/Crafting#Difficulty
Re: mastercrafting 08/18/2020 08:45 PM CDT
>The only tech I see missing that may help at your ranks is "Expert Swappable Weapon Design"

>Items with a difficulty of 9 or higher cannot be mastercrafted without the associated tech, regardless of ranks.

None of that really matters in this case as bastard swords use Advanced Swappable, not Expert, which they have.

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors." -Raesh
Re: mastercrafting 08/19/2020 10:54 PM CDT
Good catch. Check the condition and quality of your tools and the quality of the steel you're using.