Armor repair roundtimes 05/13/2019 08:32 PM CDT
I recently picked up the three armorsmithing techniques that allow for repair and I noticed that the roundtimes are pretty long (~15-20 seconds per step) when compared to the repair times for cloth/leather armor where I also have all three (7-10 seconds). Is this extra time intentional? I don't really mind if it is, I just want to make sure my Advanced Armor Repair technique is working correctly.

Also, and not directly related, the final repair tech is called 'Armor Maintainence' in the game when it should be 'Armor Maintenance'. File that under the being pedantic category of complaints if you please.
Re: Armor repair roundtimes 05/14/2019 03:45 AM CDT
I can confirm that with just the basic armor repair I'm getting ~45 seconds per action, so advanced armor repair is at least doing something for you. Is your forging skill a lot lower than your outfitting? I ask because I'm still getting ~15 second repair roundtimes with advanced tailoring repair which is slower than you mention. The time difference might be skill related.
Re: Armor repair roundtimes 05/14/2019 06:26 AM CDT
No my forging skill is quite a bit higher than my outfitting skill, which is garbage, but now that I think about it it might be because for leather/cloth armor repair I use some nice crafted tools (slickstone and needles) but for metal repair I use store bought wire brushes and oil. That's probably the reason.
Re: Armor repair roundtimes 05/15/2019 02:33 PM CDT
I think you are right. the wire brush and oil are very slow, and we cannot make anything better at the moment. I do hope they allow us to make them in the future, so we can have some control over the speed and quality of them.