Telothian thrusting blade 11/04/2018 07:59 PM CST
Made a few versions on test.
29 stone 10/5/3 2 11/3
30 stone 10/5/3 2 11/3
31 stone 11/5/3 2 10/3

Was hoping it would have been great at 30 stones and it ended up being just like tyrium, excluding the 31 stone version.
Am I missing something with it?

[Naohhi] We'll look into it, but for now, you're making giant errors pop up all over the place on this side. :p
[Naohhi] That means.. please stop.
You have some tiny scratches to the wings.
Javac exclaims, "You didn't see me!"
Re: Telothian thrusting blade 11/04/2018 08:49 PM CST
Unless I've missed something, you're probably just going to get 'like tyrium' because of the volume limitation?

3-4 volumes just isn't enough to mess with the math unless something allows you to break density caps.
Re: Telothian thrusting blade 11/05/2018 12:13 PM CST
Well because it has 104 hardness and 5 vol item, that is why I was expecting different result for it.

[Naohhi] We'll look into it, but for now, you're making giant errors pop up all over the place on this side. :p
Re: Telothian thrusting blade 11/07/2018 08:29 PM CST
>>Well because it has 104 hardness and 5 vol item, that is why I was expecting different result for it.

As a matter of interest I made a Telothian sledgehammer for comparison to see how Hardness/Density would impact a larger volume weapon. The results are fairly impressive, it performs vastly superior to Tyrium. I did notice one anomaly however, in the careful APPRAISE it indicated having 99 hardness, I presume that's some minor bug or typo.

You analyze every minute detail of the sledgehammer and smile knowingly to yourself.
This appears to be a type of finished large metal blunt weapon that is masterfully-crafted.
The sledgehammer is a somewhat challenging piece to make.
It was made by someone with a bit less skill than your own.
About 10 volume of metal was used in this item's construction.
The metal appears to be composed of: 30.00% platinum, and 70.00% telothian.
You find it impossible to identify who crafted this item.
Roundtime: 10 sec.

A telothian sledgehammer is a heavy blunt melee-ranged weapon.
A telothian sledgehammer trains the large blunt skill.

You are certain that it could do:
no puncture damage
fair slice damage
bone-crushing impact damage
no fire damage
no cold damage
no electric damage

The sledgehammer is superbly designed for improving the force of your attacks.

You are certain that the sledgehammer is dismally balanced and is excellently suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.

You are certain that the sledgehammer is quite guarded against damage, and is in pristine condition.

The sledgehammer is made with metal.
You are certain that the metal in the sledgehammer has a quality of 96, placing it at 'very pure' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the metal in the sledgehammer has a hardness of 99, placing it at 'absurdly hard' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the metal in the sledgehammer has a durability of 80, placing it at 'great durability' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the metal in the sledgehammer has a workability of 25, placing it at 'difficulty to work with' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the metal in the sledgehammer has an electrical resistance of 90, placing it at 'not a conductor of electricity' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the metal in the sledgehammer has a thermal resistance of 70, placing it at 'not very good at transferring heat and cold' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the metal in the sledgehammer has a physical resistance of 45, placing it at 'not very good at repelling physical blows' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the metal in the sledgehammer has a ductility of 90, placing it at 'extremely ductile' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the metal in the sledgehammer has an enchantment capacity of 5, placing it at 'no capacity' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the sledgehammer weighs exactly 71 stones.
You are certain that the sledgehammer is worth exactly 1448622 Dokoras.

- Anuind Silverspruce

Any drunken idiot can fall off a bar stool, a real man rides it to the ground.
Re: Telothian thrusting blade 11/07/2018 10:14 PM CST
A tyrium sledgehammer is a heavy blunt melee-ranged weapon.
A tyrium sledgehammer trains the large blunt skill.

You are certain that it could do:
no (0/27) puncture damage
fair (5/27) slice damage
mighty (17/27) impact damage
no (0/27) fire damage
no (0/27) cold damage
no (0/27) electric damage

The sledgehammer is superbly (13/17) designed for improving the force of your attacks.

You are certain that the sledgehammer is dismally (2/17) balanced and is extremely well (11/17) suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.

You are certain that the sledgehammer is quite guarded against damage (12/18), and is in pristine condition (98-100%).

The sledgehammer is made with metal.
You are certain that the sledgehammer weighs exactly 69 stones.

Sort of like that with the -1 to impact and -2 stones

What I saw with my test of the blade, those couple of stones can make the difference. I am sure if I was able to make 71 stone tyrium sledehammer, it would be the same stats.

I did notice what you pointed out with the 99 hardness, that is why I think it is not pushing like it should.

Re: Telothian thrusting blade 11/08/2018 08:33 AM CST
I guess I'm confused by the confusion. Crafting is gated by density basically. If both metals have the same density and hardness, similar volume templates will come out similar?

I know I'm missing something.
Re: Telothian thrusting blade 11/08/2018 08:30 PM CST
As shown on https://elanthipedia.play.net/Weaponsmithing_discipline#Behind_the_Scenes

Damage is affected by two stats, the hardness of the metal used, and the weight of the weapon.

Base damage is set by the template, modified by metal hardness.

I don't know, the fact it becomes 99 hardness and not 104 when crafted doesn't seem right.