More nouns for armor? 09/10/2016 08:45 PM CDT
I think it'd be kinda cool to have different nouns for some pieces of armor, kind of the way it's done for weapons. So like right now, you have brigandine, scale, and lamellar gloves, but maybe we could have brigandine gloves, scale handguards, and lamellar gauntlets instead? Or say light plate / plate / heavy plate masks become light plate mask, plate faceguard, and heavy plate visor?
Re: More nouns for armor? 09/10/2016 08:51 PM CDT
I'm all for more nouns, but from the way you're phrasing it, it sounds like you want different armor types to also have different nouns.

I'd personally prefer being able to get brig handguards, or scale handguards, or scale gloves, or lamellar gloves, etc.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: More nouns for armor? 09/11/2016 02:04 PM CDT
Yeah the more variety the better, I was just thinking under the existing framework, changing the current gloves/gloves/gloves into gloves/handguards/gauntlets would be an easy change, but just plain adding more options total would be good too, so you could make any hand armor in glove/handguard/gauntlet flavor.
Re: More nouns for armor? 09/13/2016 11:14 PM CDT
<<<I think it'd be kinda cool to have different nouns for some pieces of armor, kind of the way it's done for weapons. So like right now, you have brigandine, scale, and lamellar gloves, but maybe we could have brigandine gloves, scale handguards, and lamellar gauntlets instead? Or say light plate / plate / heavy plate masks become light plate mask, plate faceguard, and heavy plate visor? >>>

Keep in mind the name of the armor kind of tells you what defense is tops in the armor when you make it.... for example

Quilted/Rugged/Ring/Scale/Light Plate - Puncture > Impact > Slice.
Insulated/Thick/Chain/Brigandine/Plate - Impact > Slice > Puncture.
Padded/Coarse/Mail/Lamellar/Heavy Plate - Slice > Puncture > Impact.

And you can tell which defense is best supported by that armor by the name. Curious little things most folks don't seem to notice about it.

Ranger Pfanston and his Soggy pup.