tyrium serrated iltesh 08/02/2016 01:16 AM CDT
In the event anyone was wondering how these come out.

(As an aside, there was some wonkiness when tempering it. Thank you if any invisible GM fixed it.)

A tyrium serrated iltesh is a medium edged melee-ranged weapon.
A tyrium serrated iltesh trains the small edged skill.

You are certain that it could do:
heavy (9/27) puncture damage
somewhat heavy (8/27) slice damage
fair (5/27) impact damage
no (0/27) fire damage
no (0/27) cold damage
no (0/27) electric damage

The serrated iltesh is poorly (3/17) designed for improving the force of your attacks.

You are certain that the iltesh is reasonably (7/17) balanced and is decently (6/17) suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.

You are certain that the serrated iltesh is nearly impervious to damage (17/18), and is in pristine condition (98-100%).

The serrated iltesh is made with metal.
You are certain that the metal in the serrated iltesh has a quality of 99, placing it at 'extremely pure' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the metal in the serrated iltesh has a hardness of 99, placing it at 'absurdly hard' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the metal in the serrated iltesh has a durability of 80, placing it at 'great durability' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the metal in the serrated iltesh has a workability of 40, placing it at 'somewhat challenging to work with' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the metal in the serrated iltesh has an electrical resistance of 70, placing it at 'not a very good conductor of electricity' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the metal in the serrated iltesh has a thermal resistance of 70, placing it at 'not very good at transferring heat and cold' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the metal in the serrated iltesh has a physical resistance of 99, placing it at 'incredibly good at repelling physical blows' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the metal in the serrated iltesh has a ductility of 99, placing it at 'absurdly ductile' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the serrated iltesh weighs exactly 48 stones.
You are certain that the serrated iltesh is worth exactly 3562394 Dokoras.

You analyze every minute detail of the serrated iltesh and smile knowingly to yourself. (7/7)
This appears to be a type of finished small metal bladed weapon that is masterfully-crafted. (13/13)
The iltesh is a complicated piece to make. (8/12)(700 Ranks w/o Tech, 500 with)
It was made by someone with less skill than your own.
About 7 volume of metal was used in this item's construction.
You find it impossible to identify who crafted this item.
The metal appears to have been slowly tempered to improve its durability.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: tyrium serrated iltesh 08/02/2016 01:21 AM CDT
>>(As an aside, there was some wonkiness when tempering it. Thank you if any invisible GM fixed it.)

That said, I know WAVE was giving a blank line when I first made it, and I'm wondering if TURN had a script tied to it, as well, which is why I could not turn it when tempering it.

I did an item-bug in game as well, but figured why not cover all my bases + warn people about tempering them in the meantime.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: tyrium serrated iltesh 08/02/2016 04:27 PM CDT
Where'd the instructions come from?

Weapons for Sale:
https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/User:CARAAMON#Wares
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Re: tyrium serrated iltesh 08/02/2016 05:31 PM CDT
>>Where'd the instructions come from?

Regular iltesh instructions can be found in weaponsmithing books now (I don't know what level), but serrated iltesh instructions are a rare drop from the non-darkbox games at Safari.

The serrated version is supposed to app [slightly] better than the regular one, but I don't necessarily see it. A 48-stone serrated tyrium iltesh has one point more puncture and slice than a 51-stone kertig iltesh, but I'll have better data if I end up making a serrated kertig one next.

Re: tyrium serrated iltesh 08/02/2016 05:48 PM CDT
Is it a permanent like the other serrated sets or limited use?

Weapons for Sale:
Re: tyrium serrated iltesh 08/02/2016 05:55 PM CDT
>>Is it a permanent like the other serrated sets or limited use?

Single-use, regrettably!

AFAIK, the other serrated weapons were verby and had some stats shifted around, but they weren't necessarily better than their normal counterparts. My understanding is that the serrated iltesh is explicitly better (although not by a wide margin?) than the regular version, along with being verby (although the verbs are acting up a bit?).

Re: tyrium serrated iltesh 08/08/2016 07:16 PM CDT
Last night I managed to track down someone who had the other new template, the serrated khopesh.

Wasn't going to risk tyrium with it right away, so we went with heavy kertig:

A kertig serrated khopesh is a medium edged melee-ranged weapon.
A kertig serrated khopesh trains the small edged skill.

poor puncture damage
very heavy slice damage
heavy impact damage
no fire damage
no cold damage
no electric damage

The serrated khopesh is fairly designed for improving the force of your attacks.

You are certain that the khopesh is dismally balanced and is excellently suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.

You are certain that the serrated khopesh is rather reinforced against damage, and is in pristine condition.

The serrated khopesh is made with metal.
You are certain that the serrated khopesh weighs exactly 52 stones.

I have to say, not bad. Not bad at all.

Definitely worth trying in tyrium for the next one.

Weapons for Sale:
Re: tyrium serrated iltesh 08/08/2016 07:23 PM CDT
Looks like a cutlass that trades a tiny bit of puncture for impact.
Re: tyrium serrated iltesh 08/09/2016 11:16 AM CDT

The FOI and Suitedness make that weapon far superior to tyrium cutlass.

I feel like people sleep on FOI too much.
Re: tyrium serrated iltesh 08/09/2016 12:02 PM CDT
A 52 stone kertig cutlass has 3/10/8/4/4/9

The 52 stone kertig serrated khopesh has 2/10/8/5/2/12

A FOI of 4 vs. 5 isn't significant to me. The balance and suitability are, but I was simply comparing stats. You'll have to forgive me if my 5 word half second thought did not include a seven page analysis of the comparison.

You're also comparing a tyrium cutlass (47 stone or so) to a kertig khopesh (52 stone or so).
Re: tyrium serrated iltesh 08/09/2016 01:36 PM CDT

>You're also comparing a tyrium cutlass (47 stone or so) to a kertig khopesh (52 stone or so).

That I was from the squanto rare weapon page on epedia.

Don't sleep on +1 FOI. Depending on what you hunt the stun/disarm aspect of FOI can be straight up awesome.

I wasn't knocking your comments at all on the weapon, just pointing out my thoughts on it.

Re: tyrium serrated iltesh 08/09/2016 06:51 PM CDT
I was wondering how that template turned out. Was that from Caraamon?

I still like my old glaes sabre though...

A sabre is a medium edged melee-ranged weapon.
A sabre trains the small edged skill.
great puncture damage
low slice damage
poor impact damage
no fire damage
no cold damage
no electric damage
The sabre is dismally designed for improving the force of your attacks.
You are certain that the sabre is well balanced and is fairly suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.
You are certain that the sabre is of average construction, and is in pristine condition.
The sabre is made with metal.
You are certain that the sabre weighs exactly 21 stones.
You are certain that the sabre is worth exactly 520 Lirums.

Rhadyn da Dwarb - Blood for fire!

Barbarian Guild Suggestions
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h4L5hAxR1-VLDegDNZBIhGdo5bMgnCtm84Icm2E0utU/edit#gid=0