Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page
Re: Top-end forging woes 07/16/2016 01:55 PM CDT

Seems the easy fix for all this is to change that tub to master quality. I've had similar things happen in other crafts.
Especially since there is no place for a player to obtain them besides in the forge.
Re: Top-end forging woes 07/16/2016 04:52 PM CDT
> Out of curiosity, how do the rare metal outstanding quality tools appraise?

Here are the glaes needles.

You analyze every minute detail of the sewing needles and smile knowingly to yourself.
This appears to be a crafting tool and they are in pristine condition (98-100%).
Used with thread to sew together fabrics and leather.
The workmanship is of outstanding quality.
Assessing the needles's durability, you determine they are very delicate (2/18) and easily damaged.
About 3 volume of metal was used in this item's construction.
The metal appears to be composed of: 100.00% glaes.
This tool appears to be exceptionally effective (9/11) at increasing crafting speed.
You recognize this work as your own.
Re: Top-end forging woes 07/17/2016 12:58 PM CDT
Thanks. Looks like the answer is no.

Still might throw some glaes at a blacksmith and try out the durability (ribbed needles, etc) tier tools. Not a popular tier, unsurprisingly, it's kind of silly. But especially with chisels, I churn through so many pebbles I get tired of repairing all the time.
Re: Top-end forging woes 07/17/2016 01:12 PM CDT
errrr knobby? i dunno, you know what i mean.
Re: Top-end forging woes 07/17/2016 08:55 PM CDT
>>But especially with chisels, I churn through so many pebbles I get tired of repairing all the time.

TBH, the Proper Forging Tool Care blacksmithing technique is a great investment for anyone who crafts.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Top-end forging woes 07/19/2016 06:20 AM CDT
I wonder... is the crappy tool tech actually being applied to stuff that is not in our hands (like the slack tub)?

"Brace yourselves, Squanto is going to bleh blah fart fart bleh.." -the player of the character formerly known as Pureblade
Re: Top-end forging woes 07/19/2016 07:29 AM CDT

>>I wonder... is the crappy tool tech actually being applied to stuff that is not in our hands (like the slack tub)?

Serious question here. Are you saying the tool tech is crappy, or just referencing the tech that makes crappy tools better? Or possibly both that the tech is crappy and it works with crappy tools?
Re: Top-end forging woes 07/19/2016 08:40 AM CDT

I think he's saying the tech makes crappy tools less crappy, but it's a crappy tech if it doesn't fix the problem of using tools you can't replace.
Re: Top-end forging woes 07/19/2016 11:50 PM CDT
>Thanks. Looks like the answer is no.

Thing is, sieves and needles need to be min-density, preferably 3. 100% glaes wouldn't be ideal.

In any event, I'd expect one should be looking at extremely effective (10/11) for min weight glaes needles.

Naniaki Felyran

"I have faith in the current crop of GMs to not screw people over"

>>Actually an opinion cannot be changed or corrected. Nice try back of line.-VERATHOR
>>But it can be wrong.-Starlear
Re: Top-end forging woes 07/19/2016 11:52 PM CDT
The real question is: What does min-density tyrium look like for needles and sieves.

Because the 99 hardness is better than glaes, but that it's a good bit denser means it wouldn't be as good as some theoretical 3-density 99-hardness metal.

I personally think the glaes needle would actually trump a tyrium needle because of density.

Naniaki Felyran

"I have faith in the current crop of GMs to not screw people over"

>>Actually an opinion cannot be changed or corrected. Nice try back of line.-VERATHOR
>>But it can be wrong.-Starlear
Re: Top-end forging woes 07/20/2016 12:04 AM CDT
<<I personally think the glaes needle would actually trump a tyrium needle because of density.

Lots of trumps are quite dense.

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page