When to stop studying anatomy charts 07/18/2010 05:36 PM CDT
Can someone help me with how to study anatomy charts.

Currently I'm able to gradually absorb and get insight on the Silver Leucro Chart

The dwarf chart (I'm a dwarf) I usually get having a difficult time but I do occasionally get impossible or very difficult

The other racial charts I usually get impossible but occasionally get difficult time.

FA - 30
Scholarship - 45

Do I keep going when I get difficult time messaging or should I only stick with the silver leucro?

Thanks.
Re: When to stop studying anatomy charts 07/18/2010 07:34 PM CDT
AFAIK, anything other than it being impossible teaches.

With your scholarship I'd just stick with Lecuro a bit more. Try your own race again when you hit 50ish.
Re: When to stop studying anatomy charts 07/18/2010 10:54 PM CDT
I bought two compendiums, and all 18 charts. I started studying them when I had about 45 to 50 ranks in both FA and Scholarship. I'm still locking both of them at well over 200 ranks. My script has looked like this since I first started using the compendiums

put get my other compendium
put turn my compendium
put study my compendium
pause
pause
put stow my compendium in my backpack

repeat the steps listed above.

It really started slowing down for my empath around 400 FA and 500 Scholarship. Good luck.

Clerics are on the sectual radar.

Just to be clear - I didn't do it. Not sure who did, but it wasn't me.

- GM Raesh
Re: When to stop studying anatomy charts 07/18/2010 11:10 PM CDT
I also started using a compendium around 45-55 ranks of scholarship, 30's FA if I recall.

I can still use one compendium with race charts to lock scholarship (tert skill) after a few times reading through it with 320's, but FA (secondary skill) in the 300's takes two compendiums to get beyond about 7/34.

Ogdaro
Re: When to stop studying anatomy charts 07/19/2010 07:21 AM CDT
i ususally just stick with the silver leucro til about 90-100 then i move to doing the racial one in addition <of whatever race the character is>, then i get all the other races and add those in when the character hits 100 scholarship.

Necromancy provides the only source of reliable and potent life extension on Elanthia.

Re: When to stop studying anatomy charts 07/19/2010 11:11 AM CDT
But I only get 5-7 studies on the Leucro chart before the flash of insight messaging which stops me from studying the chart for a while (can anyone tell me how long?) This usually only gets my scholarship to 3/34 and maybe my FA to 2/34 at my ranks. If I throw in the dwarf chart I can push this up to 6 and 4 respectively.

I usually do this during combat whenever I'm not fighting:

Study Comp
Collect
Hunt
Appraise

Repeat.

When I go into town to sell bundles I train swimming, climbing, and then sit out the NE gate with boxes, foraging, mech lore. Usually I can only get one maybe two sets of study on the Leucro chart before everything else is locked and I go back out hunting.