Future of Scholarship 06/17/2010 04:03 PM CDT
I didn't really think about it much at the time, but with the change making scrolls Arcana, what use is Scholarship now? Are there plans to make Scholarship useful in the future? Maybe provide temporary bonuses by studying manuscripts? Patterns for the creation system?

Elemental Lord Opieus, Expert Warrior Mage of Elanthia
"For a bunch of radical empiricists, the Philosophers' system relies on a whole lot of faith." ~Armifer
Re: Future of Scholarship 06/17/2010 05:54 PM CDT
I believe scholarship directly effects how well you learn from a class and how well the teacher learns teaching from you. Scholarship also is used in the first check on folding origami. Other then that I cannot think of anything else it is used for. I still wouldnt mind seeing scholarship based puzzle boxes and have them drop along with normal boxes (not at the same time).

Wanderer Larze

Your mind hears Aethyrr thinking, "fyrel I can't lick my hips"
Re: Future of Scholarship 06/17/2010 06:54 PM CDT
I know it's not much of an answer, but it's the same answer I've been giving for any of the lore skills that currently have little use (Empathy, most of the musics etc).

It's an issue we're aware of, and I have plans to have plans to fix it, but do not yet have plans.

-Raesh
Re: Future of Scholarship 06/17/2010 07:53 PM CDT
Is "have plans to have plans" the new Soon?

Dierik

To ring true with the existing material, a Moon Mage's take on the universe needs to include the demonstrated fact that the universe actively hates him and wants him to die. Armifer
Re: Future of Scholarship 06/17/2010 08:48 PM CDT
From what I have seen it means, I am working on it and putting things into play as I can get it off my platter, my platter is only so large, and I only plan to work on so many projects at a time.

Ranger bonus update just went live, and there is some type of recall contest he is "hosting" (my term).

He may have been part of the Ranger Bonus, but it seems continual progress is being made.
Re: Future of Scholarship 06/17/2010 09:15 PM CDT
>>From what I have seen it means, I am working on it and putting things into play as I can get it off my platter, my platter is only so large, and I only plan to work on so many projects at a time.

This is closer to the truth, though I suppose more accurately it can be summed up as:

"I already have a number of projects lined up I need to finish first - so while I'm aware of the issue and every now and then give it some thought and possibly jot down an idea or three - it's not something I'm actively working on."

I give you all permission to hit me if I ever utter the phrase "Soon" in reference to a when something will happen.

-Raesh
Re: Future of Scholarship 06/17/2010 09:43 PM CDT
Nerf scholarship.

~ Purehand

>collect coin
You manage to collect a pile of coin.
Roundtime: 30 sec.

... Jackpot.
Re: Future of Scholarship 06/18/2010 12:05 AM CDT
>>I give you all permission to hit me

Sweet.

/Out of context for the win

~player of Gulphphunger
Re: Future of Scholarship 06/18/2010 12:08 AM CDT
Just remember who's side the mammoths are on Gulph.

-Raesh