Future of Scholarship? 04/05/2010 11:41 AM CDT
Does anyone have a plan for the future of scholarship? Since scrolls no longer use Scholarship, I really can't think of something I really use Scholarship for now. I realize that Scholarship affects how much you can learn from a class, but that seems fairly limited(well no more limited than Teaching I suppose...). I just am having a hard time feeling motivated to train Scholarship without some tangable benefit.
Re: Future of Scholarship? 04/05/2010 02:43 PM CDT
Agreed.

~ Purehand
Re: Future of Scholarship? 04/05/2010 03:14 PM CDT
I dont know anything about the new creation system, but what if there were instructions of some sort, with difficulty comprehending them based on scholarship?
Re: Future of Scholarship? 04/05/2010 03:32 PM CDT
That would be nice if it tied into that. Or if we could just dump those ranks into a mech skill. Or if you had, oh I dunno, lets say 533 ranks in scholarship or more, you could make boats.

~ Purehand
Re: Future of Scholarship? 04/05/2010 03:49 PM CDT
if i had a clue about the origami system i'd fold you a boat so you'd stop talking about them =\

RIP Tachid. Thank you for all the laughs.
(17 Akr., 394 ~ 5 Uth., 397)
Re: Future of Scholarship? 04/05/2010 04:48 PM CDT
Additionally, teaching and scholarship are pretty weak on the high end. A teacher with 1300+ teaching and 1000+ scholarship couldn't get my novice bard above 2/34 in scholarship. The exp formulas are broken.

>describe boar
It's a boar. It doesn't like you.
Re: Future of Scholarship? 04/06/2010 11:56 AM CDT
>.couldn't get my novice bard above 2/34 in scholarship

Actually, that's not the experience formulas. That's just A) the penalty applied to your characters to make things fair for the other TF characters and B) the penalty for being silly enough to think you could teach a Bard anything.

Right now the Moon Mage place on the "combat pet totem pole" is the part that's sunk into the earth to lower the pole's center of gravity.
-Armifer de Dragonrealms