Suggestion - Listening when you can't learn the topic 10/15/2015 06:13 AM CDT
When a player is teaching a guild only skill or a skill you can't learn (such as a magic skill outside your guild's realm), it would be nice if you could still use LISTEN TO <TEACHER> OBSERVE and learn scholarship from listening. No bits of the topic being taught, just straight up scholarship. Also, if OBSERVE won't work, maybe a new option that makes it clear that in this instance you're only listening to learn scholarship?

I know people often just listen to classes for scholarship and don't care as much about the topic, and I think this would help open up more classes as an option everyone.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
Re: Suggestion - Listening when you can't learn the topic 10/15/2015 05:46 PM CDT
>>Gamergirl151: When a player is teaching a guild only skill or a skill you can't learn (such as a magic skill outside your guild's realm), it would be nice if you could still use LISTEN TO <TEACHER> OBSERVE and learn scholarship from listening. No bits of the topic being taught, just straight up scholarship. Also, if OBSERVE won't work, maybe a new option that makes it clear that in this instance you're only listening to learn scholarship?

I second this suggestion. Maybe something like, "So-and-so begins to observe your teaching methods."

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall rank!

Vote for DragonRealms on Top MUD Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Suggestion - Listening when you can't learn the topic 10/15/2015 05:59 PM CDT
<<When a player is teaching a guild only skill or a skill you can't learn (such as a magic skill outside your guild's realm), it would be nice if you could still use LISTEN TO <TEACHER> OBSERVE and learn scholarship from listening. No bits of the topic being taught, just straight up scholarship.

This exact code already exists for thieves, so I imagine it wouldn't be too completely difficult to implement as a whole.

<<maybe a new option that makes it clear that in this instance you're only listening to learn scholarship?
<<Maybe something like, "So-and-so begins to observe your teaching methods."

I like quadruple this suggestion. Right now there's no way to tell if you're observing from either the teacher or student point of view.

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: Suggestion - Listening when you can't learn the topic 10/15/2015 06:01 PM CDT
There should be a way to tell as the student, but I'd rather see it remain obscured to the teacher. If nothing else, if guild-only skills are opened up to observing, it helps with things like guild disguises.

Thayet
Twitter: @thayelf
Tumblr: thayette.tumblr.com
Re: Suggestion - Listening when you can't learn the topic 10/15/2015 09:06 PM CDT
>There should be a way to tell as the student, but I'd rather see it remain obscured to the teacher. If nothing else, if guild-only skills are opened up to observing, it helps with things like guild disguises.

This was kind of my thinking as well.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.