Recall <creature> 09/19/2014 10:43 AM CDT
Anyone know the timer on recall <creature>? It seems like a long timer.

Also, it seems like you need scholarship close to fighting ranks to successfully recall, although not necessarily to learn. I've been able to recall if a creature drops boxes and if it's skinnable. Are there any other details to look forward to?

Are there any other recalls that aren't room specific that teach scholarship?
Re: Recall <creature> 09/19/2014 10:57 AM CDT
<<Anyone know the timer on recall <creature>? It seems like a long timer.

Unless it has changed significantly, I think you can RECALL up to 10 times with diminishing returns on a timer that resets every time you use the same category of recall. I'm not sure what the timer is for critters, but the other recall categories like Herbs and Famous are on timers somewhere around 3 to 5 minutes, so I would expect it to be around the same.

<<I've been able to recall if a creature drops boxes and if it's skinnable. Are there any other details to look forward to?

Spells they can cast and additional special descriptions you can't get with DESCRIBE. Only a small list of creatures have a special description.

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Re: Recall <creature> 09/19/2014 11:29 AM CDT
>Unless it has changed significantly, I think you can RECALL up to 10 times with diminishing returns on a timer that resets every time you use the same category of recall. I'm not sure what the timer is for critters, but the other recall categories like Herbs and Famous are on timers somewhere around 3 to 5 minutes, so I would expect it to be around the same.

I read about the 10 times diminishing returns on elanthipedia, but perhaps it has changed because I only learn on the first "recall <creature>". I tried adding a recall creature after each appraise creature I do (60 second timer) and eventually scholarship goes to clear and stays there because non-teaching attempts still reset the timer.

I've also confirmed this via favor orb as well as watching the raw XML stream.

I guess I can play around and test it, but long timers are such a pain to nail down.
Re: Recall <creature> 09/19/2014 11:41 AM CDT
>Anyone know the timer on recall <creature>? It seems like a long timer.

I think it's somewhere in the 15-20 minute range. My script is set to 1000 seconds between recall creature and that seems to work most of the time. Even then, it only provides a tiny amount of experience.

>Unless it has changed significantly,

It has. I believe that recall was changed to provide little, if any experience. It is not supposed to be a training method anymore.

Don't forget to vote:

http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Recall <creature> 09/19/2014 11:57 AM CDT
<<I read about the 10 times diminishing returns on elanthipedia, but perhaps it has changed because I only learn on the first "recall <creature>". I tried adding a recall creature after each appraise creature I do (60 second timer) and eventually scholarship goes to clear and stays there because non-teaching attempts still reset the timer.

Ah, that looks like they just got rid of the diminishing learning kept everything else with a much longer timer. I wonder if they're still all on separate timers or not?

<<It has. I believe that recall was changed to provide little, if any experience. It is not supposed to be a training method anymore.

Technically that old model didn't really teach well either. It certainly wasn't something you could mind lock off of, unless you were a Bard with recall history.

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Re: Recall <creature> 09/19/2014 10:03 PM CDT
It depends on the difficulty of the recall. In theory a higher level creature will have a harder recall, but in practice they're really all over the map since each one was set up individually on a rather weird scale over the years.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose