Enchanting 06/14/2019 06:39 PM CDT

I see that Kodius has released enchanting today. I just got one question, as I am a lot confused. What in the h__l does enchanting to for me? Does it let me hide better hit better or what? From what I've seen there's a lot of stuff to buy/carry, but I'm not understanding what enchanting does to make the game experience better. I've not seen anything that states what enchanting does, and I'm a lot confused about what it does.

I've looked in the game help and can't find any info on this.

Thanks
Bluefalcon
Re: Enchanting 06/14/2019 06:53 PM CDT

Training aside, try this: https://elanthipedia.play.net/Artificing_products
Re: Enchanting 06/14/2019 07:05 PM CDT
Some of the products don't have anything in notes, but enchanters can make gweths and even cambrinth retuners. if anything, it just provides people a fifth craft to make products and sell/give to others. If crafting isn't your thing, then the most it might provide is extra choices on the player market or from friends.
Re: Enchanting 06/14/2019 07:15 PM CDT

>I see that Kodius has released enchanting today. I just got one question, as I am a lot confused. What in the h__l does enchanting to for me? Does it let me hide better hit better or what? From what I've seen there's a lot of stuff to buy/carry, but I'm not understanding what enchanting does to make the game experience better. I've not seen anything that states what enchanting does, and I'm a lot confused about what it does.

The tone of your post seems to be "What does this do for me, why are you spending time on this if it doesn't help me?"

If this is not the case, I suggest rewording your questions.

If this is the case, the answer is it's not always about you.
Re: Enchanting 06/14/2019 07:20 PM CDT
<<Some of the products don't have anything in notes, but enchanters can make gweths and even cambrinth retuners. if anything, it just provides people a fifth craft to make products and sell/give to others. If crafting isn't your thing, then the most it might provide is extra choices on the player market or from friends.>>

Ok thanks, that helps, I don't mind giving other choices, but I never saw where it was stated what could be done.

Bluefalcon
Re: Enchanting 06/14/2019 08:21 PM CDT
Best place to see is check the wiki, search for Artificing Products or just Artificing and click on the products link there. most of it is like blacksmithing, which means making enchanting tools. the utility and fluff is what would affect other people.

When binding and invoking comes out, then enchanters will have more options. Binding should have things like weapon and armor enchantments, probably some other stuff. Invoking would be things like spell wands, and other things that need to be invoked to use.
Re: Enchanting 06/16/2019 04:12 PM CDT

I'm confused about it too. Can weapons and armor be enchanted? And does it improve the stats of the items? I've been hearing about enchanting forever but didn't follow it really. Suppose i should try to look it up.
Re: Enchanting 06/16/2019 04:20 PM CDT
It's pretty well explained in the Artificing book. Chapter 1 has all the steps and how-to stuff. The other chapters are what can be made within the Artificing discipline. That discipline is like the blacksmithing discipline is for forging, so mostly enchanting tools and basic enchantments like runestones, wands, and the old moon mage enchantments. The invoking and binding disciplines have not been released yet and that is where enchanted gear will be from.
Re: Enchanting 06/17/2019 05:00 PM CDT
>>The invoking and binding disciplines have not been released yet and that is where enchanted gear will be from.

Aren't weapon flares part of the TM/ritual foci section under "magical foci"? Or do the elemental foci in that section talking about something else?

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Enchanting 06/17/2019 05:15 PM CDT
I think those are TM foci that add flares to TM spells and won't work with weapon attacks, but I don't have the skill to create them.
Re: Enchanting 06/17/2019 06:02 PM CDT
> I think those are TM foci that add flares to TM spells and won't work with weapon attacks

This is correct.
Re: Enchanting 06/18/2019 05:51 PM CDT
Ahhh, neat, got it.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.