Re: Tied Pouches/Bundles 02/02/2016 10:55 PM CST
When you first announced this, I ran a quick test. Starting from clear, I appraised a lumpy bundle once and waited for my experience to absorb. Then I repeated this with a tied bundle. I received about the same amount of exp from each, so I tied my bundle off and switch to training with that.

But now I'm finding that I'm learning much less appraisal than I was before. It looks like the appraisal timer is substantially longer on tied bundles than lumpy bundles. On the order of 6 minutes, when for lumpy bundles it was 1.
Re: Tied Pouches/Bundles 02/03/2016 02:53 AM CST
>When you first announced this, I ran a quick test. Starting from clear, I appraised a lumpy bundle once and waited for my experience to absorb. Then I repeated this with a tied bundle. I received about the same amount of exp from each, so I tied my bundle off and switch to training with that.

But now I'm finding that I'm learning much less appraisal than I was before. It looks like the appraisal timer is substantially longer on tied bundles than lumpy bundles. On the order of 6 minutes, when for lumpy bundles it was 1.

Not sure how to say this but, is there a roll over timer on exp drainage? If there is, you could have been on the downside of the pulse timer when you app'd the lumpy bundle. Perhaps do the same test with a lumpy bundle multiple times and get an average? The other thought would be, are you locking appraisal easier with a tied bundle? Is it staying locked longer with a tied bundle? I'm just curious because I don't see how an experience pulse could possibly be affected by how related skill is trained. I thought exp pulse was a set value based on skill tree (primary/secondary/tert) and stats. If you're finding otherwise, it's possible that it's a bug.
Re: Tied Pouches/Bundles 02/03/2016 02:59 AM CST
She's not talking about the pulse size, but rather she's talking about how much each appraisal action earned in experience after the pool drained fully.

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: Tied Pouches/Bundles 02/03/2016 03:02 AM CST
The experience pulse isn't being affected. The problem is that I'm unable to fill my pool. My appraisal drains to clear between app focuses now that I've switched to a tied bundle; this never happened with a lumpy bundle.
Re: Tied Pouches/Bundles 02/03/2016 03:06 AM CST
OK, I see what she's getting at. Not the pulse timer but the training timer. So it's 6 mins between apps before the tied will train appraisal vs. 1 min with the lumpy. That makes sense now. However, I feel that's a bit exorbitant for a tied bundle. Good catch.
Re: Tied Pouches/Bundles 02/03/2016 09:25 AM CST
I'll take a look when I get home tonight. Can you give me some more information? How full is your bundle? Are you adding things between appraisal?

Javac
That one guy

If you have questions or comments in regard to this post please email me at DR-JAVAC@play.net.
Re: Tied Pouches/Bundles 02/03/2016 12:35 PM CST
96 skins, appraisal value approximately 176783 lirums, not adding things between appraisals.
Re: Tied Pouches/Bundles 02/03/2016 12:38 PM CST
Thanks for the info, I'll try to do some testing tonight.

Javac
That one guy

If you have questions or comments in regard to this post please email me at DR-JAVAC@play.net.
Re: Tied Pouches/Bundles 02/03/2016 12:40 PM CST
Great, thanks.