New Year's drop? 01/01/2016 09:18 PM CST
Just doing my mining chores in the dusk ogre tunnels...found some gold, platinum and this (well, found the metal...):

>analyz ing
You analyze every minute detail of the animite ingot and smile knowingly to yourself.
This appears to be a type of refined metal ingot that is of exceptional quality.
The ingot is an extremely easy piece to make.
It was made by someone with abilities close to your own skill.
About 30 volume of metal was used in this item's construction.
The metal appears to be composed of: 100.00% animite.
You find it impossible to identify who crafted this item.
Roundtime: 10 sec.

>app ing careful
The animite ingot is made with metal.
You are certain that the metal in the animite ingot has a quality of 90, placing it at 'somewhat pure' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the metal in the animite ingot has a hardness of 15, placing it at 'very soft' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the metal in the animite ingot has a durability of 10, placing it at 'dismal durability' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the metal in the animite ingot has a workability of 10, placing it at 'very difficult to work with' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the metal in the animite ingot has an electrical resistance of 65, placing it at 'a somewhat good conductor of electricity' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the metal in the animite ingot has a thermal resistance of 65, placing it at 'somewhat good at transferring heat and cold' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the metal in the animite ingot has a physical resistance of 15, placing it at 'terrible at repelling physical blows' on the official Trader's Scale.
You are certain that the animite ingot weighs exactly 120 stones.
You are certain that the animite ingot is worth exactly 954540 Lirums, 1193175 Kronars, or 860995 Dokoras.

Looks like I have some pretty snazzy metal for crossbow gears, if anyone's interested...

Balkomar (and pals)
Re: New Year's drop? 01/05/2016 02:08 AM CST
Animite has been available as a rare find in mines since the beginning. It is definitely not common but possible.

My guess is its original intention was to be good for jewelry-making, as the IG lore is that it is a rare and valuable metal for jewelry, but it is of course possible it might end up with other uses (such as in Enchanting).

- Navesi
Re: New Year's drop? 01/05/2016 06:06 AM CST
I hear it also makes a mean yardstick!

"Brace yourselves, Squanto is going to bleh blah fart fart bleh.." -the player of the character formerly known as Pureblade
Re: New Year's drop? 01/05/2016 06:59 AM CST
it's also my metal of choice for summoning weapons.

Rehlyn

A Maelshyvean shadow beast slows long enough to deeply inhale some of the swirling shadows surrounding it. After a moment, it sighs with great releif and blackness oozes from its ears and nostrils.
Re: New Year's drop? 01/06/2016 03:41 PM CST
I haven't made a yardstick out of it yet, but common tin already makes a 'tremendously effective' yardstick and would be much more durable.

Naniaki Felyran

"I have faith in the current crop of GMs to not screw people over"

>>Actually an opinion cannot be changed or corrected. Nice try back of line.-VERATHOR
>>But it can be wrong.-Starlear
Re: New Year's drop? 01/11/2016 11:20 AM CST
Here's one I had made during HE over in plat.

>You tap an animite detailed yardstick with a tempered finish that you are holding.

You analyze every minute detail of the detailed yardstick and smile knowingly to yourself.(7/7)
This appears to be a crafting tool and it is in pristine condition.(10/10)
A simple stick that you can measure things with.
The workmanship is masterfully-crafted.(13/13)
Assessing the yardstick's durability, you determine it is extremely weak and easily damaged.(1/18)
About 6 volume of metal was used in this item's construction.
The metal appears to be composed of: 16.66% lumium, and 83.33% animite.
This tool appears to be tremendously effective at increasing crafting speed.(11/11)
This appears to be the work of someone with The words "Crafted by Arrangement with Dindobeld Brambleburrow" are etched upon the metal..
The metal appears to have been slowly tempered to improve its durability.
Roundtime: 10 sec.

A shadowy black death spirit says, "Give us the annoying one, and the rest of you shall live."
* Mudge was just struck down!
The cackling continues. "The Darkness is pleased with your sacrifice."
Re: New Year's drop? 01/11/2016 08:18 PM CST
About what I expected.

tin yardsticks are tremendously effective but somewhat unsound.

Animite might, possibly, be slightly faster and not showing up in the analyze, but would still have horrible, horrible durability.

Naniaki Felyran

"I have faith in the current crop of GMs to not screw people over"

>>Actually an opinion cannot be changed or corrected. Nice try back of line.-VERATHOR
>>But it can be wrong.-Starlear