Re: Crossbow and Bolt Crafting in Test! 12/20/2015 10:51 AM CST
Thank you so much for this update. I can not wait to get in there and take a look.

Thank you again for the hard work.
Re: Crossbow and Bolt Crafting in Test! 12/21/2015 04:39 AM CST

Shouldn't the Arbalest be related to comp bows for affinity and light crossbows be shortbiws? Considering arbalest are big honking hard hitting bazookas of the crossbow world?
Re: Crossbow and Bolt Crafting in Test! 12/21/2015 07:34 AM CST
Not necessarily. IRL the wood type used for crossbow bow element didn't matter as much because the mechanical torque was so superior. Technically speaking the bow element was even metal or augmented with metal later in history...

To keep the system design sane I didn't want to venture into an entirely separate all-metal crossbow system, and for play-ability I decided to swap the affinities.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: Crossbow and Bolt Crafting in Test! 12/21/2015 08:02 AM CST
IRL arbalests were siege weapons.

Monster Elec

You hear the distant echo of a savage Horde snarling in barbaric disapproval of your deeds.
Re: Crossbow and Bolt Crafting in Test! 12/21/2015 08:04 AM CST
>>and for play-ability I decided to swap the affinities.

Would it be possible for you to adjust some of the common woods to have better a affinity for comp bows/light crossbows? There is no common wood that hits 85 affinity for these two and just 3 semi-rare woods that hit 85, but their workability is below 50.

This wasn't really an issue when it was just comp bows because it's not a popular choice for players to use, but light crossbow is going to be a very popular weapon and finding decent material that someone can work with without a lot of skill, or techs, is going to be difficult. The other 2 affinities have at least one common wood that hits 85 and also has a high workability (maple and ash). I know you are super busy but I just wanted to run this by you so you could think about it and maybe change it when you have the time. Thanks.
Re: Crossbow and Bolt Crafting in Test! 12/21/2015 08:09 AM CST
Double post, but Birch would be a good candidate to change. It has 80 affinity for comp/LX, high workability, and low durability. Add 5 more points to the affinity and it would be ash and maple's equivalent.
Re: Crossbow and Bolt Crafting in Test! 12/21/2015 09:51 AM CST

Did the chances of finding decent wood improve in test yet? I popped in when test reopened and it was the same as prime, it'd be much easier if I didn't have to spend hours looking for stuff to use, there were some awesome crazy drop rates when bows came out. Also a fresh character copy would be super helpful, but I understand that's waiting for a few days.