Re: New Templates 07/26/2014 07:03 PM CDT
>New items

wooo! Thank you, Kodius!

>Do we have a spot on the Wiki for item suggestions?

The Crafting Feedback page may. I know I put a couple in there for Outfitting at least.

Blackguard Danoryiel

"Sogan udazama umbunor fau arrazoi inishatu seiremisai. (Only the fallen have nothing to despair)"
Re: New Templates 07/26/2014 07:06 PM CDT
no knitting love

Re: New Templates 07/26/2014 07:16 PM CDT
What are the mining/war belts?

Are the tiers of weapon/armor difficulty at all comparable to quality? I know we grade gear on a 1-6/7 tier system right now, but I also know that's determined by skill and material, not item difficulty (assuming the smith can cap that items).

Would a tier 9 dueling shirt be inherently better than a tier 6 coat, for example?
Re: New Templates 07/26/2014 07:24 PM CDT
Difficulty Tier and Item Tier are different. My post was referring to difficulty tier. These items all have a ratio of 1, meaning if made form Tier 6 material they come out at Tier 6.

I just ran out of time to get some knitted saddle blankets and things.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: New Templates 07/26/2014 08:36 PM CDT
Thank you SO much Kodius!

And on the suggestion area, as Danoryiel mentioned, there's a pretty hefty "suggestion" section at the bottom of the BUG page. Adding in a link:
https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Crafting_feedback#Suggestions

~~Kythryn~~
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness." - Mark Twain
Re: New Templates 07/26/2014 10:02 PM CDT
Thanks Kodius, these look really good.

Still awaiting a plate helm template that only covers head and neck!

--Just a Squire
Re: New Templates 07/27/2014 02:41 AM CDT
So on a quick "I only had time to make one of each before bed" examination, it looks like the voulge is a copy of the glaive set, the weighted staff is a copy of the quarterstaff, and the awl pike is a copy of the lance set.

I'll do some more investigation when I wake up tomorrow, but the basic pages and standards are up.

Weapons for Sale:
https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/User:CARAAMON#Wares
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Re: New Templates 07/27/2014 08:55 AM CDT
They should have differences in their power/balance ratio versus the base template.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
Re: New Templates 07/27/2014 02:54 PM CDT
Ohhh, fun. Time to get crackin.

Weapons for Sale:
https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/User:CARAAMON#Wares
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Re: New Templates 07/27/2014 10:14 PM CDT
>Belts

Is it intended that these new belts have such small capacities?

I had a friend sew some up (Tailoring, proper techniques for containers, heavy fabric, masterful results) and they came out 3x1x1 and only holding 10 stones. Is this right? Could there be a bug that's not noticing the technique?

Personally, that just seems very lackluster to me. It makes it so that these items only purpose is for work orders and never to be actually used by players. Moreover, it's just odd to have a "mining" belt that couldn't fit any sort of mining tool and same with the artisan's belt which wouldn't fit anything more than a paintbrush (maybe). Being that these are top tier items which require a lot of skill to make, one would have the impression that they would have some pretty decent capacity limits in order to make them desirable.

For comparison's sake:

* Festival shop toolbelt
You compare your toolbelt with the iron yardstick several times and are certain the interior length measures three spans, the interior width measures three spans, the interior height measures three spans and the belt appears capable of holding about 150 stones of weight.

* Tavern Troupe kidskin belt
You compare your kidskin belt with the iron yardstick several times and are certain the interior length measures ten spans, the interior width measures three spans, the interior height measures two spans and the belt appears capable of holding about 80 stones of weight.

You skillfully remove the vanilla cheesecake from your abdomen leaving the wound no worse than it was before.
Re: New Templates 07/27/2014 10:30 PM CDT
Internally our container sizes are not well defined and are all over the map. I was just using our "standard" size for them. Of course, the cloth belts can have their size modified a bit by using different thread sizes, so that may help a bit.

If I ever find the energy I'll spend a few months standardizing container sizes like I have done for weapons, armor and more recently tools. Until then you'll have to wait until I can find time to assess what is standard for what belts can hold.

Item tier also has very little impact on an item's stats, so that isn't a good argument :/

Re: New Templates 07/27/2014 10:32 PM CDT
I think that the the hangover remedy is not using the appropriate tech. I can master craft tier 9 items (yelith tonic) (with techs) and yet I pretty much fail to make this tier 10 item in a usable quality.
Re: New Templates 07/27/2014 11:22 PM CDT
>thread sizes.

I'll give that a try and see if I can get something worthwhile. Merrila's player has been helping me test these and I'll start begging for a re-test with fine/heavy threads later. The way they are now, it's pretty much just a piece of fluff and something for work orders. And, while I can appreciate having something for folks to work on, I hope for things which are actually useful as well.

>have to wait until I can find time to assess what is standard for what belts can hold

Thank you very much for giving me the in-depth explanation. That really helps me understand why they are the way they are currently. I was assuming that, since crafted backpacks are bigger and hold more than storebought backpacks, a crafted belt would be bigger and hold more than one bought from Wolf Clan.

>item tier vs. item stats

Again, I was assuming there as well. I figured since you'll need hundreds of ranks to even make these, they would be something worthwhile to use outside of the work orders.

Thank you for the quick response, Kodius. I appreciate you letting me know some of the confusion behind the scenes and pretty much confirming that it's not in fact a bug of some sort.

You skillfully remove the vanilla cheesecake from your abdomen leaving the wound no worse than it was before.
Re: New Templates 07/27/2014 11:57 PM CDT
I'd love to see a standardization of containers. There's lots of quirks that don't make sense. I think one thing that really stands out is a lack of sheaths/harnesses with a width of more than 1. The most egregious example that I can think of is the wolf clan backtube - a completely worthless item, IMO. Give up your backpack for... a substandard harness?

I'd love to see a bit more work on the store verb to go along with it. For instance, it would be nice to have a few custom store settings - store all other thrown weapons in backpack, but store my spear in my spear baldric. Store my dagger in my wrist sheath by default. Store crafting tools in duffel bag. Etc.
Re: New Templates 07/28/2014 12:58 AM CDT
>I can master craft tier 9 items (yelith tonic) (with techs) and yet I pretty much fail to make this tier 10 item in a usable quality.

That's not real informative. What kind of ranks do you have?

Likewise, I can mastercraft Tier 9 in glaes, and fail terribadly with Tier 10 in damite (same workability, I have virtually all techs in Blacksmithing)

All alchemy projects are 50 workability. Not till you've virtually succeeded or ruined it does the catalyst come into play, but it does have a small effect on quality by the end.

At the very high end of crafting, the tiers are SO spaced out. Tiers 1-9 cover 600 ranks; 10, 11, and 12 cover over 1100.

It will be a GREAT day when more workability options come to Alchemy.

Kaeta Airtag

"I have faith in the current crop of GMs to not screw people over"

>>Actually an opinion cannot be changed or corrected. Nice try back of line.-VERATHOR
>>But it can be wrong.-Starlear
Re: New Templates 07/28/2014 02:42 AM CDT
>>>> That's not real informative. What kind of ranks do you have?

I have 612 ranks in alchemy and the following techs:

Remedial Herb Gathering, Advanced Herb Preparation, *Wound Remedy Basics*, External Limb Remedies, External Body Remedies, Internal Limb Remedies, Internal Body Remedies, *Critical Limb Wound Remedies*, Critical Body Wound Remedies, and Remedy Reduction.

I use all master crafted tools where it is possible (as you know one cannot get master crafted bowls or mortars)

The materials I am using are:
crushed blue flowers: quality of 99, workability of 50
crushed ojhenik: quality of 99, workability of 50
crushed yelith: quality of 99, workability of 50
pewter ingot: quality 95, workability 70
muracite ingot: quality 85, workability 70

I can make:
Yelith tonic (tier 9 with pewter): masterfully-crafted
Yelith tonic (tier 9 with muracite): masterfully-crafted
Hangover Potion (tier 10 with pewter): below-average quality
Hangover Potion (tier 10 with muracite): below-average quality

I would try another tier 10 recipe to compare, but the only one that is available is one I don't have the techs to make. Currently hard orders give me tier 10 items and challenging orders give me tier 9 so not being able to craft tier 10 items is a bit of an annoyance. I suppose my complaint might otherwise be that I am being asked to create tier 10 items for work orders before it is possible for me to create them.
Re: New Templates 07/28/2014 11:57 AM CDT
I think the Boar Clan belt and HE shop that sold wings' Utility belt is the biggest store bought that compares to a sewn utility belt. I feel they're pretty big at 10 hands deep.

The Jakuv's all trades shop's mining and artisan belts were tiny and seem to compare to the new crafted ones.

DP assassin's tool belt they sometimes drop is the tiniest one of all, but the one of the neatest looking.

Re: New Templates 07/29/2014 01:21 AM CDT
So one question about containers then...if they get standardized, are old containers be adjusted? Things that are obviously too big? I only ask because I immediately thought about that and how many of those containers I have on myself :)
Re: New Templates 07/29/2014 08:51 PM CDT
It is unlikely we'd change any old items. "maybe" if we discovered everyone has 20 house-sized fanny packs on them :P

Re: New Templates 07/29/2014 10:03 PM CDT
Any chance for a "pack of holding" type of item crafted via enchanting & outfitting?