Hindrance Sums 07/19/2011 11:31 AM CDT
<< in new armor you should get near identical hindrance and defenses from types of the same name (assuming they are of the same material).>>

There seems to be a bit of a problem with this. I made a light cuirass using straight high carbon steel (5 density), and then made a light fauld, light breastplate, and light backplate out of 67.5/32.5 lumium/platinum (4.95 density). All pieces were reinforced (which I suspect might be where things got thrown off), and the cuirass ended up resulting in lower overall hindrance when I wear the setup. Assuming that hindrance is a function of weight and template only, if anything the individual pieces should have added up to barely less than the cuirass. My current guess is that the slight increases in hindrance from reinforcing the individual pieces adds up to a greater increase than reinforcing the cuirass. It was enough to bump my overall hindrance into the next range though, which stinks.

Thanks,
-Life Sustainer Karthor
Re: Hindrance Sums 07/19/2011 11:41 AM CDT
I always thought it was intentional that wearing one big thing of armor was less hindering than a piecemeal set of armor.
Re: Hindrance Sums 07/19/2011 11:59 AM CDT
The release announcement specifically said it wasn't.

Thanks,
-Life Sustainer Karthor
Re: Hindrance Sums 07/19/2011 07:50 PM CDT
For the sake of absolutely ruling out material differences, I made a light fauld, backplate, and breastplate out of the same material as my light cuirass. All of the pieces in question are reinforced, and my overall hindrance is less with the cuirass.

Thanks,
-Life Sustainer Karthor
Re: Hindrance Sums 07/19/2011 07:52 PM CDT
Let me look into what is going on w/ the hindrance. I've still been unable to track down some of the odd bugs people seemed to be reporting.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: Hindrance Sums 07/19/2011 09:52 PM CDT
Alright, so I reworked the hindrance added by reinforcing a bit. You'll likely notice pieces covering multiple body parts will hinder a bit more when reinforced.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes