Small Cloth Padding Mastercraft Issue 10/19/2019 12:53 PM CDT
Hi all,

I am attempting to create small cloth padding from cotton cloth. I made the fine cotton thread (99 quality, mastercrafted) and the cotton cloth (99 quality, mastercrafted) and have perfect tools. I cannot achieve mastercraft quality, every pad comes out as outstanding. I also created a backpack and a duffel bag with the same results.

Techs:
> craft tailor
From the tailoring crafting discipline you have been trained in Accessory Leather Armor Design, Extremity Leather Armor Design, Torso Leather Armor Design, Complete Leather Armor Design, Cloth Decorative Wear Design, Cloth Accessory Design, Cloth Container Design, Knitted Fabric Design, Fabric Specialization, Enhanced Stitching, and Tailored Craft Enhancement.

Skill:
> exp outf

SKILL: Rank/Percent towards next rank/Amount learning/Mindstate fraction
Outfitting: 767 12.53% clear (0/34)

Here's the log:
https://pastebin.com/X2SFvtxB

Two others volunteered to make padding with less or no techs and less skill, one by more than half, and they were still able to mastercraft it.

Am I missing a step? Is there some variable that I am missing?
Re: Small Cloth Padding Mastercraft Issue 10/19/2019 02:56 PM CDT
Sounds like a tool issue. Is all your equipment in good repair?

~Hunter Hanryu
>Everything Rangers have is just a lame version of something cool.~Morkim
Re: Small Cloth Padding Mastercraft Issue 10/19/2019 02:59 PM CDT
>Sounds like a tool issue. Is all your equipment in good repair?

Both instances were directly after the tools were repaired at the shop.
Re: Small Cloth Padding Mastercraft Issue 10/22/2019 03:14 AM CDT
What room were you in, when you analyzed the padding?

My thinking is, since you didn't put analyze MY padding, it analyzed the store-bought padding in the room, not what you were holding.
Re: Small Cloth Padding Mastercraft Issue 10/22/2019 09:31 AM CDT
>My thinking is, since you didn't put analyze MY padding, it analyzed the store-bought padding in the room, not what you were holding.

No storebought padding would be Outstanding quality. Besides, those have to be ORDERed in the Oufitting and Engineering societies, not appraisable, though they're BUYable from crates in Forging societies.

You have oodles more skill than necessary, and it wouldn't be a rollover bug, I've made paddings with even more skill.

That it comes out Outstanding, I would say you're missing a step, somehow.

Naniaki Felyran

"I have faith in the current crop of GMs to not screw people over"

>>Actually an opinion cannot be changed or corrected. Nice try back of line.-VERATHOR
>>But it can be wrong.-Starlear
Re: Small Cloth Padding Mastercraft Issue 10/22/2019 11:07 PM CDT
If you read the log, they appraise it carefully as being perfect quality (99), but analyze it as outstanding. That's 2 different qualities showing up. That's why i suggested making sure they use 'analyze MY padding' to check. the only other thing they can probably do at this rate is assist and try to figure out where the disconnect is, because from the log, it looks like 2 different items.
Re: Small Cloth Padding Mastercraft Issue 11/26/2019 04:34 AM CST
>If you read the log, they appraise it carefully as being perfect quality (99), but analyze it as outstanding. That's 2 different qualities showing up. That's why i suggested making sure they use 'analyze MY padding' to check. the only other thing they can probably do at this rate is assist and try to figure out where the disconnect is, because from the log, it looks like 2 different items.

That's not right. The object was "padding" in both appraise and analyze.

The perfect quality is the material of the padding, not the actual padding as a whole. The only time appraisal and analyze come up the same is (processed) raw material, such as thread/cloth, metal ingots, bone stacks, leather, lumber, and the like.

I just made a small (storebought silk) padding at 25+10 ranks, mastercrafted, analyzing at every step that wasn't obvious to switch tools.

And the same again at 1279+255.

It wouldn't be the first time I've seen steps not properly labeled, as I've seen it before with reinforcing/lightening cloth armor.

Naniaki Felyran

"I have faith in the current crop of GMs to not screw people over"

>>Actually an opinion cannot be changed or corrected. Nice try back of line.-VERATHOR
>>But it can be wrong.-Starlear