Who has the most 02/14/2018 10:41 AM CST
outfitting skill?

I went and looked at the top 5 list of the prestige board in the outfitting building.

I'm looking to have something crafted that will require a lot of skill

I'm using heavy titanese cloth to make an armor shirt.

Wondering what kind of skill it takes to make the heavy cloth.

thanks!
Re: Who has the most 02/14/2018 10:50 AM CST
> Wondering what kind of skill it takes to make the heavy cloth.

This is going to depend on a few factors, in particular which style shirt you want: quilted, insulated or padded. Per my notes, 1100 ranks should be enough to make the hardest of those. Less if the crafter has a relevant technique, career or hobby.
Re: Who has the most 02/14/2018 02:34 PM CST
Unless something has changed, I think the Crafting Boards only reflect the best for that province.

Just play. Have fun. Enjoy the game. Michael Jordan
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/topics/game
Re: Who has the most 02/14/2018 03:02 PM CST
I think all the boards are linked (unless it was updated and/or set up different than Plat).

That said, crafting boards aren't necessarily a sign of who is the "best" crafter, as much as a sign of who is doing the most work orders recently. It's likely there is a lot of crossover, but it isn't an explicit indication of skill.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Who has the most 07/13/2018 08:40 PM CDT
A bit late here.

>>That said, crafting boards aren't necessarily a sign of who is the "best" crafter, as much as a sign of who is doing the most work orders recently.

This is true. Joolie has at least 1250 Forging for the Forging Legend title, but is 4th on the Blacksmithing board, behind Sheltim, who I've seen doing Tier 9 WO items. Although it's possible he's doing Easy WO, it would be unconventional.

In any event, to answer the original post, Naniaki was making Tier 9 imperial weave (10 workability) hauberks at 1004 ranks with appropriate techs and perfect tools, no hobby/career. I had the skill to mastercraft mammoth-hide (8 workability), but only if I was using perfect materials, I wound up making a 98 quality once for using a storebought leather padding (80 quality) instead of making my own perfect padding. That is as hard as any armor tailoring that can be done (since there's never been enough dragon-hide to do a Tier 9). A Tier 8 shirt is going to be a bit lower, probably around 850 ranks with technique, depending on workability.

Naniaki is now at something like 1178 Outfitting, and has recently been able to make T10 rucksacks in 20 workability common silk with an outfitting buff if I have perfect tools (using 99q fest pins).

Naniaki Felyran

"I have faith in the current crop of GMs to not screw people over"

>>Actually an opinion cannot be changed or corrected. Nice try back of line.-VERATHOR
>>But it can be wrong.-Starlear