Why can't I push my needles? 12/08/2017 02:44 PM CST
I'm trying to knit and have already started to knit a napkin, but I get message that the needles must be pushed to add in some purl stitches. I then stow away my napkin, but when I push the needles I get the message "You can only push the needles after knitting has already begun. Instead, try studing some instructions and knitting some yarn with needles to begin." Obvisouly I've already started knitting. What is the problem?

I foresee online gaming changing when there are good audio-visual links connecting the participants, thus approximating play in a face-to-face group. Gary Gygax
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/search_results.html?q=Gamin
Re: Why can't I push my needles? 12/08/2017 02:59 PM CST

I'm confused that you say you stow the napkin away. When you begin knitting yarn, you cut the excess yarn off and then the entire project is on the needles, so you shouldn't have an unfinished project to stow. This is the process I have when purling.

R> knit my need

>
You start knitting another row of yarn about your knitting needles. With exceptional skill you complete the current row of knitting and find no mistakes in the piece's stitching.

Next the needles must be pushed to add in some purl stitches.
Roundtime: 14 sec.
R> look on need
The knitting needles are in the process of knitting an unfinished knitted wool blanket.
> push my need

With measured picks of your knitting needles, you add purl stitching along the row of an unfinished knitted wool blanket.
Roundtime: 11 sec.

Jalika
Re: Why can't I push my needles? 12/08/2017 03:24 PM CST
Wasn't clear that the crafted item was on the needle itself, I guess knitting is different from most the other crafts that way. I got it figured out now. Is there a way to start knitting an unfinished item that has already been removed from the needles?

I foresee online gaming changing when there are good audio-visual links connecting the participants, thus approximating play in a face-to-face group. Gary Gygax
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/search_results.html?q=Gamin
Re: Why can't I push my needles? 12/19/2017 10:22 PM CST

Sometimes when you cant push the item you are making is because its done already or you need to study the book again regardless of where you are in the process. Now to knit something further, I would try to analyze the item to see whats next then have the proper tool in hand and do the step it says, just to see if it will work.

Ranger Pfanston and his soggy pup.