puffy-white targe (difference in appraisals) 07/13/2016 07:33 AM CDT
It was pointed out to me earlier today that there are two different appraisals on a puffy-white targe that was reinforced. This is the appraisal that I did and the one found in a shop:

My targe
appr my targe:
You are certain that it imposes fair (5/15) maneuvering hindrance.

This shield is small in size.

You are certain that the targe offers very poor (4/26) to high (14/26) protection.

You are certain that it could do:
no (0/26) puncture damage
no (0/26) slice damage
great (11/26) impact damage
no (0/26) fire damage
no (0/26) cold damage
no (0/26) electric damage

You are certain that the targe is decently (6/17) balanced and is inadequately (4/17) suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.

You are certain that the targe is nearly impervious to damage (17/18), and is in pristine condition (98-100%).

It appears that the targe can be worn on the left arm.
You are certain that the targe weighs exactly 61 stones.
You are certain that the targe is worth exactly 105875 Kronars, 84700 Lirums, or 76399 Dokoras.
Roundtime: 8 seconds.

Targe in a shop:
appr targ in trunk
You are certain that it imposes minor (4/15) maneuvering hindrance.

You are certain that the targe offers very poor (4/26) to high (14/26) protection.

no (0/26) slice damage
great (11/26) impact damage
no (0/26) fire damage
no (0/26) cold damage

You are certain that the targe is decently (6/17) balanced and is inadequately (4/17) suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.

You are certain that the targe is nearly impervious to damage (17/18), and is in pristine condition (98-100%).

You are certain that the targe is worth exactly 105875 Kronars, 84700 Lirums, or 76399 Dokoras.

I am not sure what caused the difference it appraisal. Could it be the type of material the padding was made of? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Annandale
Re: puffy-white targe (difference in appraisals) 07/13/2016 01:15 PM CDT
I forget if this is actually a thing hindrance-wise, but is maybe one adjusted to be arm-worn and one adjusted to be hand-held?
Re: puffy-white targe (difference in appraisals) 07/13/2016 01:20 PM CDT
Adjusting for arm worn would have adjusted the higher end protection (lower for arm worn adjusted). I don't believe it affects the maneuvering hindrance.

Rhadyn da Dwarb - Blood for fire!

Barbarian Guild Suggestions
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h4L5hAxR1-VLDegDNZBIhGdo5bMgnCtm84Icm2E0utU/edit#gid=0
Re: puffy-white targe (difference in appraisals) 07/13/2016 03:19 PM CDT

The appraisals I took were both for left arm worn. I saw another appraisal on the lists that is as follows:

Targe, Reinforced, (worn on the arm appraisal):

You tap a puffy-white targe with a reinforced design that you are wearing.You are certain that it imposes minor (4/15) maneuvering hindrance.This shield is small in size.Your experience with shields allows a better appraisal of the protection capabilities.You are certain that the targe offers very poor (4/26) to moderately good (11/26) protection.You are certain that it could do:
no (0/26) slice damage
moderate (7/26) impact damage
no (0/26) fire damage
no (0/26) cold damage
no (0/26) electric damageYou are certain that the targe is inadequately (4/17) balanced and is dismally (2/17) suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.You are certain that the targe is nearly impervious to damage (17/18), and is in pristine condition (98-100%).It appears that the targe can be worn on the left arm.
You are certain that the targe is worth exactly 105875 Kronars.
Re: puffy-white targe (difference in appraisals) 07/13/2016 03:44 PM CDT

Are they both masterfully crafted?
Re: puffy-white targe (difference in appraisals) 07/13/2016 07:40 PM CDT

Yes both were. Im not sure abt the one I got off the sales list.
Re: puffy-white targe (difference in appraisals) 07/13/2016 09:38 PM CDT
Maybe the materials were from 2 different sources and not set up the same for some reason? Could be other differences between the 2 targes that aren't dramatic enough to show up on appraisal.
Re: puffy-white targe (difference in appraisals) 07/14/2016 01:42 AM CDT
Um...I've never seen a left arm worn small shield that is above good (12) protection at the top end. If someone has more data to prove me wrong I'm all over it. Hand held, above good yes. Arm worn, not seen it. I think you need to go back and check your data. The only thing I saw that was wonky was hindrance.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h4L5hAxR1-VLDegDNZBIhGdo5bMgnCtm84Icm2E0utU/edit#gid=0
Re: puffy-white targe (difference in appraisals) 07/14/2016 07:43 PM CDT

My puffy-white targe is-

Held:

Your experience with shields allows a better appraisal of the protection capabilities.

Arm Worn:

Your experience with shields allows a better appraisal of the protection capabilities.

You are certain that the targe offers very poor (4/26) to moderately good (11/26) protection.

Jalika
Re: puffy-white targe (difference in appraisals) 07/15/2016 05:56 AM CDT
What's the weight on that?

"Brace yourselves, Squanto is going to bleh blah fart fart bleh.." -the player of the character formerly known as Pureblade
Re: puffy-white targe (difference in appraisals) 07/15/2016 08:41 PM CDT

You are certain that the targe offers very poor (4/26) to moderately good (11/26) protection.

no (0/26) slice damage
moderate (7/26) impact damage
no (0/26) fire damage
no (0/26) cold damage

You are certain that the targe is inadequately (4/17) balanced and is dismally (2/17) suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.

You are certain that the targe is nearly impervious to damage (17/18), and is rather scuffed up (70-79%).

You estimate that the leather in the targe is of very high quality.
You estimate that the leather in the targe has excellent durability.
You think it is likely that the leather in the targe is impossible to work with.
You wonder if the leather in the targe is a poor conductor of electricity.
You are certain that the leather in the targe is very good at transfering heat and cold.
You are confident that the leather in the targe is incredibly good at repelling physical blows.
The targe came from skins that were large in size.
You are certain that the targe is worth exactly 76399 Dokoras.
Roundtime: 16 seconds.
Re: puffy-white targe (difference in appraisals) 07/17/2016 09:54 AM CDT
No left-arm worn adjusted small shield apps as high (14/26) protection that I've found. So the OP apps were for left hand held I'm betting. So back to the OP question, does the material of the padding affect the maneuvering hindrance?

Also, this is why I've asked if we can get the shield template on the wiki changed to add two appraisals to the shield template, one for held and one for worn.