Cloth Dye Outside Fests 02/17/2016 12:42 PM CST
Hello all,

Recently I got into outfitting and I would love to produce some pink garments for myself. Going through the wiki, I noticed a lot of the dying information was old and mostly revolved around fests. I have a few questions because of this.

Does anyone sell dye tubs or dyes outside of fests?
Is it possible to create dye from pigments or is that still planned?
Has the dying system been abandoned?

Thank you!
Player of Ignotum
Re: Cloth Dye Outside Fests 02/17/2016 12:52 PM CST
I believe the idea was to keep dying a fest-only system until dye production was introduced into at least one of the Alchemy systems and dye application was integrated with Artistry as crafting development progresses.
Re: Cloth Dye Outside Fests 02/17/2016 02:04 PM CST
Dye tubs are only sold at guildfest (unless you find one one a trader's table). But there are folks around who have them - gweth, and maybe you can use one!

Dyes are only SOLD at guildfest, but have also been given as random prizes for Duskruin and Hollows Eve. Many people have many of these. If you're looking for a particular dye, ask!

~Aislynn
Re: Cloth Dye Outside Fests 02/18/2016 08:46 AM CST
Thank you both for the information!

Is work still being done on the system (dye application/creation)? I am trying to judge how hopeful I should be that I will see it available someday. I can definitely see how it might not be a priority.
Re: Cloth Dye Outside Fests 02/18/2016 10:02 AM CST
To be clear, I'm not asking for an ETA or anything like that (as a developer I know that's not a reasonable ask). I was just curious if people were still interested in the system.
Re: Cloth Dye Outside Fests 02/18/2016 10:18 AM CST
Kodius is still working on Crafting systems. He is wrapping up Tinkering at the moment in Test, and Reagents/Poisons should be next in line if his last update is still valid. Dye was added in the state it is now to give us access to it until he figures out how they are going to made and applied within the Crafting system. So, yes there are still plans to add them to Crafting AFAIK.
Re: Cloth Dye Outside Fests 02/18/2016 12:05 PM CST
It would be nice if some standard color/quality dyes were sold in outfitting shops. I'm assuming that some basics might be offered via NPCs and not everything will require crafting, anyway (similar to all other systems).

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Cloth Dye Outside Fests 02/18/2016 05:29 PM CST
Awesome! This is very exciting. I am returning after 10 years of sleep and was taken by the crafting system as soon as I started learning about it. It's amazingly thought out. This may be the hook for me.
Re: Cloth Dye Outside Fests 02/18/2016 05:43 PM CST
Yeah, I watched the old weapon/armor-crafting systems come and go without touching them because of the apparent complexity, but the systematic elegance of Tailoring and the new crafting systems makes my IT worker heart sing. Definitely looking forward to the eventual release of Artistry myself. :D