Put tailoring cloth at the feet please 12/31/2015 09:47 AM CST

Many have mentioned this. Will stacks of cloth ever be changed to go at the feet after cutting with scissors instead of just dropping on the ground?

I've lost so much cloth to janitor, compost, others scripts, and disconnections. I could never recoup my losses with work orders.
Re: Put tailoring cloth at the feet please 01/08/2016 08:35 PM CST
You count out 2 yards of the cloth and mark it for cutting.
GN>
You carefully cut off 2 yards from some fine linen cloth and place it at your feet.
GN>

In test this appears to be working. Not in Prime?

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: Put tailoring cloth at the feet please 01/08/2016 08:40 PM CST
Nevermind. I just added it to the actual crafting process in DRT. Can some folks please test it, and I'll push it live? Thanks!

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
Re: Put tailoring cloth at the feet please 01/17/2016 07:46 AM CST
It works in test just fine from what I can tell, Kodius.

"Brace yourselves, Squanto is going to bleh blah fart fart bleh.." -the player of the character formerly known as Pureblade
Re: Put tailoring cloth at the feet please 01/23/2016 05:28 PM CST
I'm really looking forward to this being in the live instances. It will end a lot of confusion while working in the same room with the same material as someone else.

Any ETA?
Re: Put tailoring cloth at the feet please 02/19/2016 08:02 PM CST

This seems to be working with cloth now. Is there any chance of it working with leather in the near future also?
Re: Put tailoring cloth at the feet please 02/28/2016 08:34 PM CST
Yeah I'll see what can be done.

Re: Put tailoring cloth at the feet please 02/28/2016 09:48 PM CST

Thanks, Kodius. I hadn't played DR in probably 13 years, and on a whim decided to play for a month. Crafting is what kept me playing these last few months, and I can't express enough thanks for what you've done with this game. I know there are others doing(and have done) lots of things too, but I swear your fingers have been in everything that has kept me playing thus far.
Re: Put tailoring cloth at the feet please 02/28/2016 09:50 PM CST

Oh, and that was over six months ago...
Re: Put tailoring cloth at the feet please 03/13/2016 05:26 PM CDT
I'm not sure what you mean by "This seems to be working with cloth now."

It still hasn't been rolled into Prime. I've had my burlap cloth taken more than a few times now (not on purpose).

Outfitting
You carefully cut off the excess material and set it on the ground.
You hold your cap open while making a series of cuts across one side.
Roundtime: 31 sec.

Forging
You realize the back scratcher will not require as much metal as you have, and so you split the ingot and leave the portion you won't be using in your rucksack.

After using the tongs to warm the scratcher over the forge fire, you place it down upon the anvil and make some adjustments to its shape with carefully timed hammer taps. With expert precision the metal takes shape without any faults.
Roundtime: 15 sec.

Carving
You carefully cut off the excess material and set it at your feet.
Back and forth you saw an iron bone saw across the knife's bones. The work proceeds as planned without any mistakes whatsoever.

Upon finishing you see some discolored areas on the knife's surface.
Roundtime: 17 sec.

Why the disparity of where the excess material goes between disciplines?
Re: Put tailoring cloth at the feet please 03/14/2016 07:36 PM CDT
>>Why the disparity of where the excess material goes between disciplines?

Because I lack the time and resources to do better. Sorry :/

Re: Put tailoring cloth at the feet please 06/01/2016 06:56 AM CDT
Hey Kodius, thanks for updating this, and placing the cloth at the feet after the first cut! I'm no longer losing cloth to random strangers walking through!

A HUGE thanks!

You carefully cut off the excess material and set it at your feet.
Gripping your hauberk tightly, you pull it across your lap and cut down one side. Then, you reverse it and cut down the other.
Roundtime: 11 sec.