the old outfitting 09/08/2015 08:44 AM CDT

do the patterns sold in lang work off of mech lore? or do they work off of outfitting? and do they still work?
Re: the old outfitting 09/08/2015 08:58 AM CDT
I brought back an old character last month who had the old tools along with some old tanned skins. My attempt, with zero outfitting skill and okay mech skill, to make something I used to make did not work out. It is probably contesting the outfitting skill.

So I tried something that was classed as easy. I was able to create the easier set but couldn't put it together. I don't think the verb exists to complete it any more and rather than mess with it I dumped all my old tools and materials.
Re: the old outfitting 09/08/2015 09:15 AM CDT
Pretty sure that the old tanning system has been disabled like all the other crafts that have been added to the new crafting system.
Re: the old outfitting 09/08/2015 09:27 AM CDT

ah thats a shame, the patterns there are pretty neat
Re: the old outfitting 09/08/2015 09:41 AM CDT
Embroidery will be making a comeback with the Artistry system. I released a fair bit of the backend for it with the Design Codex mechanics which currently operate for shaped imagery.

What might be helpful is an Elanthipedia wiki page with suggestions for categories, images and details we can use in future Codex releases.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: the old outfitting 09/08/2015 11:36 AM CDT

helpy helper. there is a page now called design codex suggestions
https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Design_Codex_Suggestions