Calling all remedy making folks 03/03/2021 10:25 PM CST
Hi, I use remedies a LOT since I'm hardly ever near an empath, city and such. But finding folks who can make good quality remedies is hard.

I was wondering if GMs could put a public board in each city/town area listing those who have put their name down for providing remedies. I would envision someone who makes remedies going to the public board and adding their name AND CITY/AREA they tend to be found. Then all the public boards would be updated automatically.

I know I would find it immensely useful to know that I can reach someone who likes making these remedies.

And to forestall someone posting with the equivalent of "make it yourself"...I can barely make blister cream and find the craft too complex for my liking. I like relaxing in this game.

Of course I would pay well for their services...always have. Their remedies have saved my butt so many times I can't count.

Zinaca and her baby wolf, Lucky (who ate most of my blister cream!)
Re: Calling all remedy making folks 03/04/2021 06:19 AM CST
>a public board in each city/town area listing those who have put their name down for providing remedies

Each alchemy hall has a board with the top work order crafters listed on it.

You can fill out an order form here:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSedbYx87k64FH2HTLXLtLsfQ1Xt2qPHwlg6aelcbc9marU_vQ/viewform

~Hunter Hanryu
>I would like to avoid the collection of broken dreams and sorrow that is the Ranger guild.~Agalea
Re: Calling all remedy making folks 03/04/2021 01:38 PM CST
>>Each alchemy hall has a board with the top work order crafters listed on it.

I believe this is off of renown, too, so it should only list people who were active at least somewhat recently?
Re: Calling all remedy making folks 03/04/2021 04:40 PM CST

Pretty sure the prestige boards are not location specific though.
Re: Calling all remedy making folks 03/04/2021 05:31 PM CST
>I was wondering if GMs could put a public board in each city/town area listing those who have put their name down for providing remedies. I would envision someone who makes remedies going to the public board and adding their name AND CITY/AREA they tend to be found. Then all the public boards would be updated automatically.

Porting the SERVICE command from GSIV would be really nice for this. I think most people just use Discord and lnet to line up crafting/picking/etc services out of game though so if it's not a simple cut and dry port the ROI might not be there.

https://gswiki.play.net/SERVICE_(verb)
Re: Calling all remedy making folks 03/04/2021 09:23 PM CST
>>Each alchemy hall has a board with the top work order crafters listed on it.<<

I'm not looking for the very best remedy maker which is what I find in the halls. Just some folks who like to make some money off and on.

Also, using Discord...someone posted a sample of discord on another thread and it looks WAY too busy for me to read. My eyesight isn't what it used to be.

I think this board could be set up so folks can tap the board to add/remove their name...or change location and the board would need some way to be current.

Anyways just an idea.

Zinaca and her baby wolf Lucky
Re: Calling all remedy making folks 03/04/2021 10:25 PM CST
The main Discord channels can be very active, but no more so than the story window. There is a crafting discord channel that doesn't move nearly as fast that may be exactly what you are looking for. And they have links to order specific crafted items on a Google form.
Re: Calling all remedy making folks 03/06/2021 02:06 AM CST

Mmmmm. Crafting channels in Discord...interesting. Perhaps I will check it out. Thanks for the info!

Zinaca and her baby wolf, Lucky
Re: Calling all remedy making folks 03/06/2021 11:26 AM CST
Zin,

Where are you at in game? I'm going to have to make some remedies up myself soon anyway. Let me know what you need and I probably have some I can let you have.

Errr one question have you already split your Mech Lore up? That might help you to make some more advance remedies.

Bluefalcon
Re: Calling all remedy making folks 03/06/2021 05:44 PM CST
Bluefalcon! Nice to see your post. Thanks for the offer but Phoul came to my rescue last night so I'm good on remedies (can't we find another word?). Ok now that I know folks read this second of the forums, I will post when I need new herbs.

::hugs Bluefalcon:: couldn't resist

Zinaca and her baby wolf, Lucky (20th for those keeping track :D)