Alchemy 04/09/2020 07:15 PM CDT
I'm trying to self teach alchemy , I solved the pour riddle but now I'm stuck on the message that after studying the book to mix an easy remedy (plovik potion) every time I try to put the plovik in the mortar with 1 part water inside I get the message that something is in there maybe if you remove it. Remove doesn't work , then there is the riddle of shaving the catalyst in this case electrum nugget can't do that either. This is no longer fun. Any ideas?
Re: Alchemy 04/10/2020 06:44 AM CDT
I've run into that too, and am not enjoying it at all. Phanston made a wiki article about it. I've not tried again since reading it.

Good luck!

Ryeka and company

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Alchemy 04/10/2020 07:20 AM CDT
Put the plovik in first. You get a message for when you need to add water. Also, the electrum probably needs to be a bar/ingot. I've never tried with a raw nugget before.
Re: Alchemy 04/10/2020 08:37 AM CDT
Raw catalyst works fine.

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors." -Raesh
Re: Alchemy 04/10/2020 09:33 AM CDT
Yeah, bar, ingot, and nugget all work. LOL since I can find seolarn weed pretty much at will I keep some of that crushed in my pack, plus its free. And that works too.

One thing though, you have prepared the plovik? You need to crush it I believe, or dry it, I keep forgetting which. But you do have to have it prepared. And yeah after studying the recipe put the plovik in and crush it one time, you'll get the message to add water then.

Bluefalcon
Re: Alchemy 04/10/2020 08:43 PM CDT
Preperation:
1. Forage the herb at least 10 times.
2. Go to the workroom in the alchemist society bukilding.
3. Grind the herb if it is an internal remedy. Press the herb if it is external.
4. Combine the herbs as you grind or press them.

The remedy
1. Mark the herb at an increment of 5 for 1 dose up to 25 for 5 doses.
2. Break the herb and put it in the bowl if internal or the mortar if esternal.
3. Mix bowl with mixing stick if internal. Crush herb in mortar with pestle if external
4. PUT do not POUR water in the bowl or mortar. 1 part water will go in .
5. Analyze the herb in the bowl or mortar to see what action is required
6. Continue followint the messages after each action until it says a cataylst is needed.
7. PUT the catalyst in the bowl or mortar. 1 part will be put in.
8. Analyze the herb in the bowl or mortar to see what action is required
9. Continue following the messages after each action until the remedy is completed.

If you use seolarin weed as a catalyst you must grind it first.