Peat 09/08/2019 08:20 PM CDT
I foraged for Peat. I Counted the Peat, it had 60 parts.

>break peat
The peat is too tough for you to break apart in its present condition.

>crush peat in mortar with pestle
The peat is too hard to be crushed by this method.

>mark peat at 1
You can not make marks on the peat.

>cut peat with my scissors
You cannot figure out how to do that. Perhaps finding suitable ingredients and studying some instructions would help.

>put peat in stove
You put your peat in your bronze stove.
>get flint
You get a piece of black flint from inside your duffel bag.
>light peat with flint
You strike a piece of black flint against a portable bronze stove, causing a shower of sparks over the peat which smolders, then bursts into flames.
Roundtime: 6 sec.

After quite a bit of time ...
>count peat
There are twenty-nine parts left of the peat.

Eventually, all the Peat burned out.

So,

I need one of two things:
a) A way to extinguish the burning peat, which is not as preferable as,

b) A way to break the Peat into smaller pieces.

The only thing I haven't tried is Drying the Peat in a Wayerd Pyramid, because it hasn't been sunny yet.

Additionally,

Foraged sticks/branches/logs do not fit in the portable stoves since the Shaping and Lumberjacking updates.

However, this does leave charcoal, but I haven't been able to figure out how to light it with the flint.

Ideas please?

Thank you.
Re: Peat 09/09/2019 12:23 AM CDT
Not sure if this will work, but have you tried to saw with a saw, drawknife, or carving knife?

Inside each of us, there is the seed of both good and evil. It's a constant struggle as to which one will win. And one cannot exist without the other. Eric Burdon
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/topics/evil
Re: Peat 09/09/2019 11:28 PM CDT
I tried cutting the Peat with a Saw.

I tried hitting the Peat with a Hammer.

I put the Peat in a Wayerd Pyramid, and it was still humming along 24 minutes later, with nothing ever to indicate that the Peat was dry. I think the Peat is baked solid.

I tried to Put Part Peat in Stove, it wouldn't recognize the command.

I've done a Google Search for Dragonrealms Peat, and nothing mentions how to break it down.

Is there any way to Search all of the Forums?

PS. I think I figured out how to light the charcoal, but I have to go find a Tinderbox first.

As a 2nd to last resort, does anyone know who Dullen, Zuercat, RY4NPW, LadySable, ISHARON, or OTTERINO, might be? They are the contributors to the Brewing page on Elanthipedia, and one of them might know.
As a last resort, can any GM comment on this?
Re: Peat 09/10/2019 05:32 AM CDT
>this does leave charcoal, but I haven't been able to figure out how to light it with the flint.

lower ground right

You lower the stove and place it on the ground at your feet.

put charcoal in my stove

You put your charcoal in your portable stove.

rem knife

get flint

You remove a small steel skinning knife with a leather-wrapped hilt from your wrist.

You get a piece of black flint from inside your rucksack.

light charcoal with flint

You strike a piece of black flint against a small steel skinning knife with a leather-wrapped hilt, causing a shower of sparks over the charcoal which smolders, then bursts into flames.
Roundtime: 4 sec.

look in stove

In the portable stove you see some burning charcoal.
Re: Peat 09/10/2019 09:05 AM CDT

Yeah flint with any steel object should light. The peat I dunno. You've tried everything I can think of.

Bluefalcon
Re: Peat 09/10/2019 02:55 PM CDT
Did you cut the peat or carve the peat? Sometimes it's not about the tool but the verb. It might also be, that in one of the many incarnations of the forage and/or crafting/creation systems, that the peat became changed and doesn't do what it used to do, or its usage has become nullified much in the way pig root isn't used for making poison anymore. I usually like foraging a rusty nail to light with flint, and you have to include the word "rusty." If you just type "nail," you won't be able to forage it.

Inside each of us, there is the seed of both good and evil. It's a constant struggle as to which one will win. And one cannot exist without the other. Eric Burdon
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/topics/evil
Re: Peat 09/10/2019 08:16 PM CDT
>cut peat with knife
You can't cut that.

>carve peat with knife
You cannot figure out how to do that. Perhaps finding suitable ingredients and studying some instructions would help.

This was a Carving Knife from the Engineering Society tool shop.
It may be that somewhere out there another type of knife might work, but this seems debatable.

Peat still does what it is supposed to do, and that's catch on fire and cook things. It's reducing the amount of Peat I want to place in the Stove. I don't want to use 60 parts of Peat to make 6 Parts of Coffee or Tea.

Thank you for the Rusty Nail. This is a lot easier, faster, and cheaper, than going to find a Tinderbox.

As a side question - Can you have a Custom Title created, and if so, how would this be done?

Thank you.
Re: Peat 09/10/2019 10:29 PM CDT
<<As a side question - Can you have a Custom Title created, and if so, how would this be done?

It's a LTB benefit for premium subscription. You earn 100 points per month of premium subscription (+100 if you're also a Plat subscriber) and the custom title is 1800 points.

https://elanthipedia.play.net/Oak_Hut
Re: Peat 09/22/2019 02:29 PM CDT
To extinguish the peat when it's burning inside a stove, simply close the stove. Assuming you have a stove that is closeable. :D

~Aislynn, stove-lover
Re: Peat 09/22/2019 02:36 PM CDT
> As a 2nd to last resort, does anyone know who Dullen, Zuercat, RY4NPW, LadySable, ISHARON, or OTTERINO, might be? They are the contributors to the Brewing page on Elanthipedia, and one of them might know.

LadySable is me (Aislynn). Allo! My Discord is Ajalynn #7807. If closing the stove doesn't extinguish the burning peat, or you want to talk about all the ways of lighting things on fire I've found that don't involve warrior mages, drop me a line. :D

~Aislynn, who isn't a pryomaniac, promise.
Re: Peat 09/22/2019 03:23 PM CDT
---HUGS--- You are an awesome and wonderful person!!!! Thank you!!!

Al'Sahra