General enchating! 03/14/2019 05:11 AM CDT
Pulled this from a conversation I had with another ranger on my daring exploits in enchanting! Hope you enjoy it.

You say, "Ok this log of Enchanting adventures is just for the casual reader."
You say, "Then I decided to go out and see about collecting sigils. By trial and error."
You say, "Managed to get some good ones. Then I read pages 1 and 2 of chapter 1 of the crafting book. SO what I just did was the most dangerous thing in the lands.... Hmmm no wonder i was half locked in outdoorsmanship at Really high skill."
You say, "ANd never realized it coulda blown me from riverhaven to crossing."
Kelneth chuckles.
Kelneth asks, "Good for training outdoors eh?"
You say, "And perception and appraisal."
Kelneth says, "Good to know."
You say, "Just like mining and lumberjacking."
Kelneth says, "Oh, so like treasure maps or mining."
You say, "And it trains it really well."
You grin.
You say, "At least I figured that one out. Now I got to write this up and leave out all the bloopers."
You say, "Page 1 chapter 1, Says you harvest sigils. So I check power sigil in lots of rooms. Always same message nothing appears."
You say, "Then i read a little more closely page 1."
You exclaim, "Oh! I have to do it over and over in a room till I see something or it calls me an idiot for standing in the same room for an hour!"
You sigh.
Kelneth says, "Oh wow."
You exclaim, "Then I see one finally. Now what! Oh I need scrolls and a burin and maybe even a sigil book!"
You say, "Dam."
You exclaim, "Run back get em run back out now its gone!"
You exclaim, "SO I move on and try again! Yes another one. I get where I think I see it fully and I see another. What the hell is this!"
You exclaim, "Better read again!"
Kelneth chuckles.
Kelneth says, "This is why I wait for people to figure it out first."
Kelneth says, "Lots of work."
You exclaim, "Read some more and oh this is the most dangerous part of this whole thing. The second you see has a bad rep to get ya killed! What the heck Im a ranger I am immune to bad reps!"
You say, "So I proceed. Then I pull out scrolls and burin and scribe sigil. Simple easy peasy no damage nothing even seemed hard."
You say, "Then I try for the first one I saw and scribe it too but its gone."
You say, "Appears if you see the second sigil its usually higher quality. And if you get really stupid you can use power sigil improve and hope your still in one piece."
Kelneth says, "Interesting."
You say, "SO I got 2 sigils. really good ones. Said.... dam this is a waste of my time I need to create something cuz I still not learning any enchanting."
You say, "So back to the society time to check out that brazier where you enchant things!"
You say, "I spent 20 min trying to figure out how to clean a brazier (which is hot)."
You say, "And failed."
You grin.
Kelneth says, "Depends on who's wearing it."
You say, "So I created 2 braziers of my own to test with."
Kelneth chuckles.
You say, "So far I cant figure out how to clean those either."
Kelneth chuckles.
You exclaim, "So completed one enchanting item. But it was not what I was first going to try! NO Im a ranger and far more practical. I want to make the first tool. A burin!"
You exclaim, "So I look around for any burins and buy 2 burin tools. Figure since nothing else is around this will do!"
You say, "SO I put one burin on the brazier and it says this one is not simple enough to be used for this item."
You exclaim, "So yeah I got to figure out if I can make a burin like a freaking moon mage!"
You sigh.
Kelneth chuckles.
Kelneth says, "Well moon mages are just bad rangers that explode all the time."
You say, "Thank god all the tools and stuff only cost 1 copper lirum. I left them all on the floor around the brazier I could not clean."
You exclaim, "THey actually sold salts just like in forging so I figured yeah that makes sense! But you cant put them on the brazier it keeps telling you these are for cleaning crucibles!"
You sigh.
Kelneth says, "Maybe just not refined yet."
Kelneth says, "It'll work out."
You say, "Heh."
You exclaim, "Back to the place and try the burin..... ok where do I get a burin to try!"
You sigh.
You say, "Ok lets try that radiant trinket someone told me about."
You say, "I did make one radiant trinket. Went from 0 enchanting skill to almost 6 before I finished."
You exclaim, "The radiant trinket was well crafted for enchanting of 0 SKill!"
Kelneth chuckles.
Kelneth says, "Nice."
You say, "It makes yer eyes glow in the dark. Not something you want to use when trying to be stealthy."
You grin.
Kelneth asks, "Does it let you see in the dark?"
You say, "Not sure there was no place there dark enough without having to run far away."
You say, "But I created it from scratch with really inferior parts from the society. And it had 39 charges when I was done."
You say, "Now."
Kelneth chuckles.
You say, "Thats where this comes in."
You exclaim, "I read how to do the process (chapter 1 page 3). But it never said anything about difficulties. When I blindly completed it. I decided to read chapter 1 page 4. And there it explains how to handle difficulties. Facepalm!"
Kelneth chuckles.
Kelneth says, "At least you figured it out."
You exclaim, "At least I completed that one.. Not sure how yet. I missed the what happens if things dont seem right page so I just tried to scribe the sigil to the bead over and over and over and over and over and finally it says now imbue it one last time!"
You blink.
You say, "COuld not analyze to see where I was at or nothing."
You say, "SHoulda read page 4 first."
Kelneth chuckles.
Kelneth pats you on the back.
You say, "But I have completed something and it was good enough for a challenging work order."
You sigh.
You fall over. Oof!
You say, "The blacksmithing the braziers was the easiest part of the whole thing. But you know what. The Braziers can't be tempered!"
You exclaim, "But I do know a little bit about how it works now!"
You say, "Now to write up the enchanting guide! And explain before you do all this read the first four pages of chapter 1 first till you get what it is telling you!"
You say, "Don't be a Bird looking at a snake all frozen like, just dig in! All you can do is bleed all over elanthia!"

Ranger Pfanston and his soggy pup.