crafting tools for crafting 03/02/2019 03:23 AM CST
now with Enchanting in test and after reading the enchanting post, it looks like we'll be able to forge a brazier for enchanting use, but when it's mentioned it has to be enchanted for enchanting, does a moon mage have to enchant it or someone who has skill in the new enchanting system? I figured i would ask.

I'm actually hoping that there will be more instructions added to the books to allow for more crafting tools to be crafted. for example, i cannot craft a mixing bowl for alchemy (unless it's different?), and it feels like there are other tools missing as well. Just wanted to put it out there, since i like being able to craft my own tools when i can.
Re: crafting tools for crafting 03/02/2019 12:22 PM CST
You'll need to buy a generic brazier or forge one, and then have it enchanted with the new system. Or you could buy an already enchanted brazier at a festival or event.

It is a very high priority to review all tools post-enchanting release and fill in the missing ones, then implement a toolbox to reduce item-swapping for each system. The mechanics have proven challenging to implement, but we need to get it done.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: crafting tools for crafting 03/02/2019 04:14 PM CST
>then implement a toolbox to reduce item-swapping for each system.

I can't wait for these! I have a special to me item with the noun "toolbox" that I bought at an auction when forging still involved mixing 300 pieces of coal dust into steel. Please, please make some way to upgrade that toolbox to the new mechanics!

>The mechanics have proven challenging to implement, but we need to get it done.

Of course that does not bode well for my request. Here's hoping though!

~Hunter Hanryu
>Everything Rangers have is just a lame version of something cool.~Morkim
Re: crafting tools for crafting 03/05/2019 02:40 AM CST
That sounds like a great plan for crafting. :)

I figured, if you treat enchanting like other crafts, you would buy an enchanted brazier, in order to create a mastercrafted version.

A toolbox for less item swapping would be a great thing to add.