Mech Lore - Prayer Beads - Enchanting, oh my 02/22/2019 11:56 AM CST

Given that it seems an initial release (to Test)for Enchanting is coming up just over the horizon, I thought it might be time to touch base on how the subsequent end of Mech Lore is going to impact the Prayer Bead shaping system used by Clerics (and others). Will it eventually be fully converted to Engineering (Carving and/or Shaping) or linked as a legacy to Theurgy instead or some other possibility?
Re: Mech Lore - Prayer Beads - Enchanting, oh my 02/22/2019 12:19 PM CST

It seems to me that it would make the most sense just to make the beads you can make with engineering compatible with prayer chains and get rid of the old beads.
Re: Mech Lore - Prayer Beads - Enchanting, oh my 02/23/2019 11:59 PM CST
There is no Triquetra design.

Kaeta Airtag

"I have faith in the current crop of GMs to not screw people over"

>>Actually an opinion cannot be changed or corrected. Nice try back of line.-VERATHOR
>>But it can be wrong.-Starlear
Re: Mech Lore - Prayer Beads - Enchanting, oh my 02/24/2019 12:03 AM CST
Yes, I'll probably expand upon the possible beads you can carve to fully encapsulate all the necessary pantheons and jump it over to Engineering. Beads are easy to carve, so you'd only need a few dozen ranks for what is required with the easier materials.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: Mech Lore - Prayer Beads - Enchanting, oh my 02/24/2019 07:33 AM CST

>>Yes, I'll probably expand upon the possible beads you can carve to fully encapsulate all the necessary pantheons and jump it over to Engineering. Beads are easy to carve, so you'd only need a few dozen ranks for what is required with the easier materials.

The real question is though, will they give devotion when used on a prayer chain? Maybe they already do? Haven't tried it with engineered beads.
Re: Mech Lore - Prayer Beads - Enchanting, oh my 02/24/2019 08:05 AM CST
>The real question is though, will they give devotion when used on a prayer chain? Maybe they already do? Haven't tried it with engineered beads.

They don't currently (or at least not when this was last tested and discussed).
Re: Mech Lore - Prayer Beads - Enchanting, oh my 02/24/2019 08:30 AM CST

Hopefully that will be looked at and corrected before the conversion is completed.