Crafting and character stats 12/06/2017 06:37 AM CST
Quick question...

Do stats have any bearing on crafting at all? I would assume that Agility would play a part with crafting being all manual tasks and Agility being all about that, but I honestly cant find any confirming information anywhere.
Cheers,
Arv

The arrow lands a massive (12/23) strike that chills the left knee for a moment with a frosty blow, lightly stunning him.

>>He was a decent Ranger until he took an arrow to the knee.
Re: Crafting and character stats 12/06/2017 07:13 AM CST
> Do stats have any bearing on crafting at all?

Only on the RT.
Re: Crafting and character stats 12/06/2017 09:17 PM CST

Here is the basic answer to your question about stats, this includes skills. When the crafting system was first set up the following items appeared in a couple posts concerning mining and crafting in general:

The two verbs used in mining are PROSPECT and MINE. PROSPECT uses appraisal, perception and outdoorsmanship to analyze an area for its mineability, geology type, and available stone and metal.

MINE applies Outdoorsmanship skill and Strength to dig for resources with an appropriate tool, such as a shovel or pickaxe. Both tools can be purchased at a store in the mine but can also be forged using Blacksmithing. Higher quality tools give a bonus to your mining ability, and high potency tools reduce your round times when mining. Damaged tools will not mine as effectively! Pickaxes tend to extract material more easily than shovels, but also deplete an area quicker.

Each room in the mine contains a type of stone and a type of metal. Exposed metal is uncommon, so you will have to mine through at least a bit of stone in order to start harvesting metal. As you get closer to depleting an area, the chance of finding rare metal as a "bonus" resource increases. No skill is needed to find this; it is a reward for toughing out an area to completion!

Mining experience is awarded based on how much material you mine and is weighted to provide effective gains across all skill levels. The system will be monitored to ensure everyone can learn well from this dangerous system.

Strength adds a % chance to reduce the RT by a flat amount. More strength increases this % chance. We went with a flat reduction to avoid situations where you end up at 0 RT at the extremes. More tie-ins are likely in the future, but not always with regards to round times.

Strength also factors into mining RTs in a similar manner. No waiting for 3.0 required.

Stone carving is strength and agility IIRC, and tailoring will be agility and reflex. Right now we are undecided on the other crafting skills yet.

And before I forget, stamina should become a larger component of forging (and other systems) once the 3.0 changes to fatigue are in.

Now as you can see stats do affect RT's but also other things so the answer to this question is yes stats do help. I almost always mine with strength and stamina boosters if I can. Same for when I forge. I always boost my agility and reflexes when doing skinning and outfitting if possible.

Ranger Pfanston and his soggy pup