Prestige Datapoint 03/16/2017 04:07 PM CDT
recently hit:

In the shaping crafting Discipline, word of your ability has made you an honored crafter within the Society.

>read eng logb
>
You open your logbook and sort through its contents.
This logbook is not currently tracking any work orders.

This logbook has been used to complete:
1 Easy, 1 Challenging and 0 Hard Tinkering work orders.
0 Easy, 116 Challenging and 689 Hard Shaping work orders.
4 Easy, 11 Challenging and 0 Hard Carving work orders.
>

Seems a little low for me to hit Honored yet, any clue?

Rehlyn

Well, see, there's the linchpin of why everything you're saying is wrong. There's the fulcrum. There's the centerpiece. There's the turkey on the Thanksgiving table.
Re: Prestige Datapoint 03/16/2017 04:08 PM CDT
> Seems a little low for me to hit Honored yet, any clue?

Any chance you have another logbook that more workorders are recorded in?
Re: Prestige Datapoint 03/16/2017 04:36 PM CDT
nope just the one

Rehlyn

Well, see, there's the linchpin of why everything you're saying is wrong. There's the fulcrum. There's the centerpiece. There's the turkey on the Thanksgiving table.
Re: Prestige Datapoint 03/17/2017 01:00 PM CDT
Stamping with your maker's mark also grants some prestige.
Not sure how much, but if you've stamped the last 500 hard work order's worth of items (and any crafted items not for work orders since you earned your mark), I am sure it adds up.
Re: Prestige Datapoint 03/17/2017 02:14 PM CDT
>>Stamping with your maker's mark also grants some prestige.

>>Not sure how much, but if you've stamped the last 500 hard work order's worth of items (and any crafted items not for work orders since you earned your mark), I am sure it adds up.

Not to discount the notion that a billion grains of sand becoming a desert or beach or something, but IIRC the prestige gain from stamping is more a way to offset/address any potential prestige loss for those who might eventually want to work on player-to-player WOs vs player-to-NPC WOs.

So it's less something you can really gain prestige from and more something that will buffer prestige decay.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Prestige Datapoint 03/17/2017 07:37 PM CDT
>Not to discount the notion that a billion grains of sand becoming a desert or beach or something, but IIRC the prestige gain from stamping is more a way to offset/address any potential prestige loss for those who might eventually want to work on player-to-player WOs vs player-to-NPC WOs.

It's more sizable than that. I gained a significant amount of prestige solely from stamping items and then vaulting them, hundreds and then thousands of them to turn in later.

Granted, it's far better to stamp AND do orders.

Naniaki Felyran

"I have faith in the current crop of GMs to not screw people over"

>>Actually an opinion cannot be changed or corrected. Nice try back of line.-VERATHOR
>>But it can be wrong.-Starlear
Re: Prestige Datapoint 03/18/2017 05:56 AM CDT
I have stamped prolly 99% of WO since getting the basic stamp. Also I try to do a WO once a day so my guess is my prestige isnt dropping and the stamping is just adding up on top.

Rehlyn

Re: TM Foci 03/21/2017 12:10 AM CDT
I'm not sure if I'm doing this right but..

But whenever I try to focus on my sun, I get nothing. No response. Is it not active yet?
Re: TM Foci 03/21/2017 01:45 AM CDT
No, I wasn't told they'd be going out so wasn't ready to activate the mechanics. Please try now....

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: TM Foci 03/21/2017 01:52 AM CDT

Everything seems in order now, I'll let you know if I notice anything odd. Gonna be testing it for a couple hours.
Re: TM Foci 03/21/2017 08:16 AM CDT

Can anyone tell me if you can parry with these foci?
Re: TM Foci 03/21/2017 08:34 AM CDT
>Can anyone tell me if you can parry with these foci?

They're not weapons, so, no.

I am --- Navak
Re: TM Foci 03/21/2017 12:04 PM CDT

Interesting. There were a few labled as staff, so I thought to ask.