Crafting Update 11/20/2016 11:29 PM CST
I was hoping we could possibly get an update to what is currently going on with the crafting system in general.

-How are the missing disciplines looking and Enchanting?
-Any update to bone/stone weapon/armor repair and augmenting?
-Any update to wood shaping weapon augmenting?
-Any update on the updates to remedies techniques that don't work? The "Remedial Herb Gathering" specifically that was supposed to grant FORAGE PRECISE.
-Any update on Alchemy tools to aid in drying? The non-MC society dry press isn't useful as it lowers quality to much. And unless you have a cambrinth pyramid, you are stuck with the weather and day/night cycle with your crafting supplies.
-Any update on lockpick carving within Tinkering (I believe that's where it's going) as well as the tinkered weapons chapter? (I honestly don't know what will be in there)

I understand that a lot has been going on with all of the new pay events and other new systems, but it would be nice to see how updates to crafting are looking. It is honestly one of my favorite things about the game. Thanks!
Re: Crafting Update 11/20/2016 11:53 PM CST
>>Any update on the updates to remedies techniques that don't work? The "Remedial Herb Gathering" specifically that was supposed to grant FORAGE PRECISE.

I'm pretty sure this one works.

"Game balance is sobbing over in the corner as it considers the ramifications of AoE Blufmor Garaen. Your spell slots send their condolences." - GM Raesh
Re: Crafting Update 11/21/2016 12:08 AM CST
>>>>Any update on the updates to remedies techniques that don't work? The "Remedial Herb Gathering" specifically that was supposed to grant FORAGE PRECISE.

>>I'm pretty sure this one works.

Oh, you are right! Thank you for letting me know! Finally can do large stacks for drying in my pyramid.
Re: Crafting Update 11/21/2016 12:20 AM CST
Looks like forage precise does work. Personally 9 pieces for 20 seconds of RT just doesn't dazzle me.

>fora ithor root
You manage to find some ithor root.
Roundtime: 4 sec.
>app my root
You are certain that the ithor root is known to heal internal wounds of the chest.
This ithor root appears to require crushing to prepare.
The ithor root are a bit flexible.
You are certain that the ithor root weighs exactly 6 stones.
You are certain that the ithor root are worth exactly 180 Kronars.
Roundtime: 8 seconds.
>count my root
You count out 6 pieces of material there.

>fora ithor root careful
With skill and nimble fingers you avoid the centipede that runs along in front of your fingers.
Roundtime: 12 sec.
>app my root
You are certain that the ithor root is known to heal internal wounds of the chest.
You are certain that the ithor root weighs exactly 8 stones.
You are certain that the ithor root are worth exactly 240 Kronars.
>count my root
You count out 8 pieces of material there.

>fora ithor root precise
With skill and nimble fingers you avoid the centipede that runs along in front of your fingers.
Roundtime: 20 sec.
>app my root
You are certain that the ithor root weighs exactly 9 stones.
You are certain that the ithor root are worth exactly 270 Kronars.
>count my root
You count out 9 pieces of material there.

>craft remed
From the remedies crafting discipline you have been trained in Remedial Herb Gathering, Advanced Herb Preparation, Wound Remedy Basics, Remedy Reduction, Tincture Preparation, Curative Specialization, Remedy Preparation Theory, and Restoration Acumen.

Vote:
http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Crafting Update 11/21/2016 12:36 AM CST
Yeah, I haven't tried it in a while myself. Really glad to see it working! My Survival Terts thank you!
Re: Crafting Update 11/21/2016 09:03 AM CST
>>Looks like forage precise does work. Personally 9 pieces for 20 seconds of RT just doesn't dazzle me.

Isn't it also suppose to improve the quality of the herbs gathered?
Re: Crafting Update 11/21/2016 11:51 AM CST
>Isn't it also suppose to improve the quality of the herbs gathered?

it is
Re: Crafting Update 11/27/2016 10:36 AM CST
>>> Looks like forage precise does work. Personally 9 pieces for 20 seconds of RT just doesn't dazzle me.

I think if you consider the time needed for each of the materials one can collect and prepare, they are fairly similar. For example, smelting is fairly fast but mining is quite time consuming. Foraging is fairly fast but herb preparation is slow. Lumber is probably the worst as lumberjacking is comparable to mining, but wood preparation is comparable to herb preparation.
Re: Crafting Update 11/27/2016 03:18 PM CST
>I think if you consider the time needed for each of the materials one can collect and prepare, they are fairly similar. For example, smelting is fairly fast but mining is quite time consuming. Foraging is fairly fast but herb preparation is slow. Lumber is probably the worst as lumberjacking is comparable to mining, but wood preparation is comparable to herb preparation.

They're not similar because the other crafts' products aren't consumables. The ratio of ingredients and investment of time to uses for alchemy products is prohibitively inflated. If alchemy products were uptweaked by a factor of 5 (or 10) in number of uses, number of pulses and duration and doubled (or tripled) WO payout they 'might' approach similar to the other crafts.

The forage precise tech is an underperformer. If the tech allowed you to use the collect command to obtain higher quality it might be worth picking up.

https://elanthipedia.play.net/Main_Page
Re: Crafting Update 11/27/2016 10:43 PM CST
It seems that maybe you would feel better if we made more doses per run.