More than one harvest per sigil? 02/17/2021 09:32 AM CST
Howdy,

I know the last two sigil harvesting techniques aren't on, but can anyone confirm if you can harvest more than one sigil on Prime? I don't seem to be able to in TF and finding them one at a time is a big time sink.

The post here by Kodius indicates that I should be able to scribe 2-4 every time I find one, and the guide says the same, but I cannot on TF:

> And sigils allow you to scribe them multiple times to keep the grind down a bit.

http://oneepicknight.com/forums/DragonRealms/Lore/Enchanting%20Skill/thread/1899794?get_newest=true

Here's a log showing that I only get one harvest per sigil. If anyone can confirm it's different in Prime I would really appreciate it, then I can ask the GMs to sync us.

> perc sigil

You close your eyes and turn to a random direction. Quickly opening them, you hunt for previously-hidden details in the area.
Subtleties in the surroundings reveal themselves as the origins of an abolition sigil.
Roundtime: 5 sec.
R> scribe sigil

You carefully scribe the sigil of abolition onto one of the scrolls, then place the remainder at your feet.
>
> drop sigil

You drop an immaculate abolition sigil-scroll comprised of broad strokes.

> get my scr

You pick up the scrolls lying at your feet.
> scribe sigil
You should probably seek knowledge of a sigil before trying to scribe one.
>
Re: More than one harvest per sigil? 02/17/2021 09:44 AM CST
I can at least confirm is works different and the way it is supposed to (as stated) in prime, I get 2-4 sigils per find.

Rehlyn

Well, see, there's the linchpin of why everything you're saying is wrong. There's the fulcrum. There's the centerpiece. There's the turkey on the Thanksgiving table.
Re: More than one harvest per sigil? 02/19/2021 04:42 PM CST
You need to perceive sigil again and then scribe. Each scribe needs you perceiving the sigil before scribing.
Re: More than one harvest per sigil? 02/19/2021 10:56 PM CST

I haven't been harvesting in a while, but you used to be able to just scribe repeatedly until it ran out (typically 2-4 times)

scribe, stow, get scrolls, scribe used to work.
Re: More than one harvest per sigil? 02/21/2021 05:59 PM CST
> You need to perceive sigil again and then scribe. Each scribe needs you perceiving the sigil before scribing.

Thanks! I tried that, but that doesn't seem to work in TF. I'd appreciate if a free GM has a chance to do a sync between TF and Prime. I put in a bug but I don't think it's been addressed.

R> perc sigil

Left and right you crane your head to observe the intricacies of your surroundings.
After much scrutiny you are certain an ascension sigil has revealed itself.
Roundtime: 5 sec.
R> scribe sigil

You carefully scribe the sigil of ascension onto one of the scrolls, then place the remainder at your feet.
> drop right
What were you referring to?
> drop sigil

You drop a flawless ascension sigil-scroll comprised of broad strokes.

> get my scr

You pick up the scrolls lying at your feet.
> perc sigil
Having recently been searched, this area contains no traces of sigils.
Roundtime: 4 sec.
R>
Sparkles follow the multihued moons as they zip by your right forearm.
> scribe sigil
You should probably seek knowledge of a sigil before trying to scribe one.
>
Re: More than one harvest per sigil? 02/22/2021 02:36 AM CST
Not every sigil can be copied more than once I have run into that..

But I never needed to perc sigil again between scribing. I will test this tomorrow.
Re: More than one harvest per sigil? 02/22/2021 02:45 AM CST
Okay I tested it and I was right but wrong lol

soo when I just quickly tried to perceive sigil and once I found it, scribed it.. no luck. (also remembered why I very much dislike harvesting sigils....)

buut when I took the time like I normally do when harvesting to improve the precision, once I was ready to scribe it gave me the following:

>>You carefully scribe the sigil of abolition onto one of the scrolls, then place the remainder at your feet.

>>Remnants of the sigil pattern linger, allowing for additional scribing.

It is that second line that lets you know you can keep scribing, and you just stow the sigil, grab your scrolls, and scribe again until that message no longer shows up.

Hope that helps.
Re: More than one harvest per sigil? 02/22/2021 12:08 PM CST
Thank you! Improving them does allow me to harvest multiple of them.