Enchanting as a Moon Mage 05/20/2020 05:39 AM CDT
Hi All
I am finding the entire enchanting system deeply frustrating and very complicated. I enjoyed making Constellation Jewelry or making a cool burin in the older system. This new system seems so convoluted and opaque as to be no fun at all.

I spent several hours just trying to learn how to make a basic burin. None of the mechanics are obvious or even hinted at in many cases. The Elanthipedia Wiki is very helpful but usually misses out important parts to the system and is very challenging to locate the information you need. The idea of game secrets has always been cool and a respected part of DR but there was often someone around to teach a novice the mechanics. The actual mechanics now are very difficult to discover. EG: It took me over an hour to work out how to see what products were available in the Enchanting Society and to purchase some basic tools.

My point is this system very complicated and this has detracted from playing my main character. I have tried but essentially shelved the character in favor of my simpler and more fun Barbarian and Thief characters.

If there were any changes to be made I hope they would make things a little less complex and publish some solid guides to get a user started.

Cheers !
Re: Enchanting as a Moon Mage 05/22/2020 01:11 PM CDT
Guide:

buy a fount, burin, imbuement rod, instruction book.

find a recipe you want to make, stay simple. (first time I recommend a flash trinket, chapter 2)

flash trinket requires the following ingredients:

(1) A finished stone, bone or wood bead, totem, figurine, etc.
(1) mana fount
(1) primary sigil (induction)

so, buy a bead, buy an induction sigil, head to a brazier room

steps to follow(syntax stuff, may not be in order):

1) study instruction book

2) put bead on brazier

3) wave fount at bead on brazier (holding fount)

4) wave imbue rod at bead on brazier (holding imbue rod)

5) trace sigil (holding sigil)

6) scribe bead on brazier with burin (holding burin)

Funny messaging/errors to fix? ANAL BEAD ON BRAZIER

repeat until done. profit.

"Game balance is sobbing over in the corner as it considers the ramifications of AoE Blufmor Garaen. Your spell slots send their condolences." - GM Raesh
Re: Enchanting as a Moon Mage 05/22/2020 01:12 PM CDT
> Trace Sigil

sorry, that's STUDY SIGIL then TRACE BEAD ON BRAZIER

"Game balance is sobbing over in the corner as it considers the ramifications of AoE Blufmor Garaen. Your spell slots send their condolences." - GM Raesh
Re: Enchanting as a Moon Mage 05/06/2021 10:06 PM CDT

Thank you very much for your help. I crafted my first item today !!!