Efficient Focus 10/10/2019 06:19 AM CDT
Ok just made an efficient focus and I'm wondering if I'm misunderstanding what they do or if it's a bug. This is what it says when I focus on it:

The enchantment has excellent potency and is very precise. You sense it was enchanted using a red heavy fount with a grooved surface making it major grade with enhanced magnitude. You perceive nominally thick and perfectly clear lines empowering the enchantment. This enchantment was tuned to provide additional magnitude and a moderate increase to mana efficiency to targeted spells.

I invoked the item and cast some TM spells and got a message saying, "A hazy aura reinforces the spell." so I know it's working but I'm not noticing a decrease in mana use at all.
Re: Efficient Focus 10/13/2019 01:33 PM CDT
Maybe try and cast a spell below the normal minimum prep? Or prep it at 10 (or whatever) and then harness enough to max the spell out and see if you have any mana left over.
Re: Efficient Focus 08/24/2020 01:39 PM CDT
Ok, this must be bugged. Just made two more efficient foci to see if there is a bug or if I was just lacking the proper amount of arcana skill to invoke with the original focus I made. Made one with a minor fount and the other with a major. With over 1000 arcana I tested both to see if there was a decrease in the amount of mana used to cast a TM spell at 100 mana and there was not. Also tried to cast the spells with less mana than the normal amount required and got a message about not feeding enough power.