Crafting 12/07/2019 05:22 AM CST
So I've come back after 6 years, and decided to look into some of the new crafting. And I have to say a lot of work was put into the realism, and complexity of the crafts. You can tell someone spent a lot of time coding it and put a lot of thought and love into it. With that said, it now appears to be a long process that requires an insane number of tools, and steps and basically is just set up for people to run a script to work through the monotonous processes without actually learning the system or doing things from memory. Like you actually have to take and keep notes on everything. It seems overly complex for the sake of being complex. The learning curve is high and if we didnt have a wiki, how much more difficult would it be? Wiki's are great to have, but if its require to understand the system, the system might be too complex, imo. An example would be - Before to make a bow, you needed a branch, a carving knife and a wood shaper and it took about 5 minutes to knock out. Now, you need to go lumberjacking, have a chisel, a couple knives, some stain, a bow string, a rasp, a clamp and probably 5 other things I'm forgetting, and then know about the purity or hardness or a number of other variables.

DR is already one of the most complex games I've ever played, and it seems it just got more complex while I was gone. Everything seems to require extra steps now, just for the sake of it (like preping symbosis to make magic harder so it teaches better - different topic, but really? Just another step for what reason?) When did DR become: just add more steps to things for the sake of adding more steps? In the past if you wanted a system to take longer, you did something like put a timer on a hide/pelt curing. We could go and do something else while that happened. Now, its just do more steps, and not being able to do anything else.

I guess I'm at a loss as to the reasoning behind making the systems as complex as they are? If it was for realism, and wanting it to be a higher difficulty level or take more dedication then I guess it was done well. I was hoping things were going more toward making the game a little more fun and forgiving over the realism/complexity factor. I realize it would probably be another 10 years for there to be a crafting 4.0 and for a chance of the system having any major change from where it is now. I just really wasnt expecting to see leather making and bow carving become a massively different undertaking than it was pre 3.0, and I'm disappointed that I likely will never have a lot of interest in jumping into the new systems now. Just seems all the required tools is daunting and a bit of a turn off for me, personally. This reminds me of when we had to learn to parry, then feint, then draw, then lunge for the best attack combo, making combat needlessly more complex before someone realized they should just let the attack command choose the next best move for us, to remove some of that complexity. What are the chances we get anything similar in crafting?

Just my two cents/rant.

~Falker
Re: Crafting 12/08/2019 06:57 PM CST
I couldn't tell you about most of their intent, but i can explain a bit about my experience, as i craft a lot.

So, yes, starting off is rough and time consuming, it requires a full set of tools from the society tool shop for most things, and you can start with a cheap crafting book and replace it as you get enough money and skill for the others.

One thing to note, crafting is almost identical to all crafts. I say almost, because there are difference, besides tools. You have a main set of tools you use depending what you are crafting, except knitting (Outfitting) only requires knitting needles. Once you start the process, you continue crafting, and change tools and/or actions as problems come up. You fix the problem, then continue crafting. Once you get some skill in the craft, and appraisal skill helps, you can analyze your unfinished product to see what the next step is. You also analyze the finished product (with enough skill) to tell what it's quality is, and other stats like durability and crafting speed (speed is for tools).

Once you get the hang of one craft, the rest are similar enough, you just have to get enough skill to analyze the product, and get familiar with the tools and problems that come up before that. Generally if you need help in-game, people will gather at the various nexuses (recall nexus list to see them if i recall), and you can ask questions if any crafters are around.
Re: Crafting 12/12/2019 02:58 PM CST
For what it's worth, if you don't care about the quality of what you're making (so you're not in it for money, reputation, or someone to actually use), you can just spam the generic action and lock your skill that way.

That's how I used to train outfitting - I'd just get the trash rat pelts from the society, spam the generic tailoring move, ignore all the hazards, and make my tragic-quality grossness. Sure, I couldn't use it, or turn it in for a work order, but I locked the skill and that's all I cared about.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Crafting 12/13/2019 02:50 AM CST
Thanks PB - That's not a bad suggestion. I'm still hoping one day the systems will be something I want to take part in.
Re: Crafting 12/13/2019 08:37 AM CST

That works for knitting, but it doesn't work for all crafts. Some, like forging or enchanting, require you to use the right syntax or you can't proceed with the craft. Enchanting is especially bad at this as you have to target both the brazier and specify the burin you're holding or it defaults to note taking.
Re: Crafting 12/13/2019 09:58 AM CST
Yeah, that's what I do too. Get the cheap maple from the society and make crappy composite bows. Two of them will lock my engineering.

On the other hand, recipes are nice are cure better than the store bough herbs IMO. I've got less than 200 and can make a lot of recipes now. Still working so I can make internal back, internal arms, and a couple of scar recipes. so doesn't take a lot to actually make things that are useful.
Re: Crafting 12/23/2019 03:25 PM CST
>>That works for knitting, but it doesn't work for all crafts. Some, like forging or enchanting, require you to use the right syntax or you can't proceed with the craft. Enchanting is especially bad at this as you have to target both the brazier and specify the burin you're holding or it defaults to note taking.

I haven't really spam-trained enchanting (or much of enchanting at all, really), but what steps force you to do something other than use your hammer?

Yes, you screw up if you should use your tongs, or bellows, etc... but the only thing I think you have to do other than pound away is when you quench with oil, right?

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Crafting 12/23/2019 07:21 PM CST

For forging specifically there's always the annoyance of having to shovel fuel, or push air with bellows. Even after hundreds of ranks in the craft our characters don't seem to know big or hot a fire needs to be to forge something they've made hundreds of. But, I think you are correct in that you could technically just hammer past those
Re: Crafting 12/30/2019 11:50 AM CST
>>For forging specifically there's always the annoyance of having to shovel fuel, or push air with bellows. Even after hundreds of ranks in the craft our characters don't seem to know big or hot a fire needs to be to forge something they've made hundreds of.

That's just the system being the system, things pop up so people have to respond to them. AFAIK, all the systems do that.

>> But, I think you are correct in that you could technically just hammer past those

Exactly: you don't need to address those "challenges/dangers" if all you care about is the EXP and not the end product itself.

Re: Crafting 12/30/2019 09:06 PM CST
>>Even after hundreds of ranks in the craft our characters don't seem to know big or hot a fire needs to be

I think this represents the fact that even after hundreds of ranks, fires still cool down and need more fuel/air sometimes.

- Navesi

The First Land Herald -- Zoluren's newspaper. https://elanthipedia.play.net/The_First_Land_Herald
Re: Crafting 12/30/2019 09:34 PM CST

Nifty point, but whether a fire cools down or not, I would think you would eventually be able to know how much fuel/air was needed to keep a fire going long enough to forge an item you've done hundreds of times
Re: Crafting 12/31/2019 06:30 AM CST
>Nifty point, but whether a fire cools down or not, I would think you would eventually be able to know how much fuel/air was needed to keep a fire going long enough to forge an item you've done hundreds of times

Neat idea, but physics doesn't work that way.

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors." -Raesh
Re: Crafting 12/31/2019 01:24 PM CST

> Neat idea, but physics doesn't work that way.

Good point, but if we're talking about the real world then work-orders should pay in cash.
Re: Crafting 12/31/2019 04:33 PM CST
>Nifty point, but whether a fire cools down or not, I would think you would eventually be able to know how much fuel/air was needed to keep a fire going long enough to forge an item you've done hundreds of times

>>Neat idea, but physics doesn't work that way.

Actually that's exactly how things work. Through repeated experimentation, you should be able to conclusively determine exactly how much of each of those things are needed over a specified time frame, if you're going to go the route of the scientific method. Either way, playability trumps reality and all these systems are needlessly complex in the amount of individual tools and actions needed to complete work orders.

Damian, a voice from the distant and long-forgotten past.
Re: Crafting 12/31/2019 05:04 PM CST
>Actually that's exactly how things work. Through repeated experimentation, you should be able to conclusively determine exactly how much of each of those things are needed over a specified time frame, if you're going to go the route of the scientific method.

Yeah, that's not how forging, and building a hot fire works.

>Either way, playability trumps reality and all these systems are needlessly complex in the amount of individual tools and actions needed to complete work orders.

I mean that's a different argument than was originally being made. As already pointed out with high enough skill you can ignore the events and just pound through them.

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors." -Raesh
Re: Crafting 01/01/2020 12:02 PM CST
> As already pointed out with high enough skill you can ignore the events and just pound through them.

Have you actually tested this because I don't think it's entirely true.

This is a basic recipe with 690 forging (575 base + 115). I'm not learning from this at all.

Can pound through: Turning, Pushing (bellows)

Can't pound through: Pushing (tub), Pushing (fuel), pouring (oil).

> pound pest on anvil with hammer

After using the tongs to warm the pestle over the forge fire, you place it down upon the anvil and make some adjustments to its shape with carefully timed hammer taps. With expert precision the metal takes shape without any faults.

As you complete working the fire dies down and needs more fuel.
Roundtime: 16 sec.

> pound pest on anvil with hammer

The fire needs more fuel before you can do that.

[I have to push the fuel with a shovel to proceed] - this one run required two of these for 30 seconds.
Re: Crafting 01/01/2020 12:14 PM CST
Respectfully, I disagree that the crafting systems are needlessly complex. I've played with Outfitting, Engineering, and Forging so far and all have been very simple, just require a number of tools. If you get stuck on a step, you can ANALYZE the product to see the next step -- I don't see how it can really get easier than that. There are also guides on the wiki. Just the other day I made something for the first time with Engineering and all I had to do was open the wiki to see all the steps.

It sounds like what you want is to just hammer out the same command over and over? That just seems unnecessary to me. A little bit of a learning curve and a touch of realism both add to the experience, in my opinion. You get to learn about the kinds of tools used in real life, and it's also a good incentive to try out macros or a very simple script if it's too tough on your fingers to swap tools all the time.

It's even better that dedicated players are rewarded for learning all the nuances of rare materials for crafting the higher end, player gear. If everyone could craft as easily as hitting a button (ala WOW), it would be a pretty boring system with no reward at all for player skill.

- Navesi

The First Land Herald -- Zoluren's newspaper. https://elanthipedia.play.net/The_First_Land_Herald
Re: Crafting 01/01/2020 09:00 PM CST

You're oversimplifying this a bit, don't you think?

Resource Variables:
- Workability
- Quality (which is a reskin of workability)
- Hardness
- Potency (which is a reskin of hardness, kind of)
- Precision (which is a reskin of hardness, kind of)
- Durability
- Ductility
- Electrical
- Thermal
- Physical Protection
- Capacity
- Density (effectively requiring spreadsheets and magic formulas to get right)
- Toxicity (not turned on because it would kill the sub par craft)
- Solubility
- Efficacy
- Value
- Cloth types

Bonus/Penalty Systems:
- Assisting (who really uses this?)
- Techniques
- Hidden variables
- Phantom Bonuses from permanent choices
- "luck" in finding resources
- Pattern base difficulty
- Buffs
- Secondary tools (ie: mechanisms, poles)
- Rounding (metal alloying, capacity rounding)

Obnoxious components put into place seemingly to thwart scripts:
- Moving guild masters
- Stationary tools in societies
- Preparation

Tools & Secondary Resources: More than 70! I lost track trying to count them all. That's crazy to expect players to carry around. Imagine if you had to carry around 70+, non-stacked weapon components to hunt. It's nuts.

Books: Dozens of sigil books if you're going to keep them organized + 9 crafting books and counting.

> It sounds like what you want is to just hammer out the same command over and over?

Do you remember the discussion about removing attack? Enough players hated replacing one command with 20 that they coded in a work-around to keep it. This is that discussion all over again. If you are told to go into test to see if you can do something then the system because there's no easy way to tell if you can succeed then the system is unnecessarily complex. MTX purchases will frequently give you rewards on par with what the best crafters can craft, with none of the hassle, because what else are they going to sell it? Occasionally, they'll even give you rewards beyond what the best crafters can craft.

It's waaaay too late for this, but if I were redesigning the system, but a better system would look something like this:

Resource Variables (all crafts)
- Quality
- Physical Potency
- Elemental Potency
- Density

Tools:
- A single "toolbox" which you put tools into*. There are slots for each tool. When you craft, you just type "craft item with toolbox". It automatically moves the toolbox to the right slot and performs the next step. This is the "attack" of crafting. Maybe add a 1-2 second RT for using this command as opposed to the specific command.
- Secondary resources would be a natural part of the toolbox. You don't need to buy them. They may run out or not, but it's easy to refill. (think bard repair kit).
- Steps which are just extra steps are done automatically as part of the crafting process (grinding, tub pushing).
- A single verb you can use to craft (similar to attack).
- A single "quality" stat which affects both speed and potency.
- Keep the RT and stat mechanism as is now, but reduce it based on skillset placement. Lore primes would be 4-14 seconds per action, secondaries 8-24, tertiaries 10-30.

Crafting books:
- Far fewer products. As in 1/5th of what's in the books now. You don't have 4 pliers, you have one, two tops. You don't have 16 founts.
- All major crafts are in the same book (tailoring, forging, etc...)
- Alternatively, you have one crafting book and you buy individual pages to add to the book.
- Difficulty is ONLY controlled by the pattern, so if you have a 5/5 understanding on the difficulty and the technique then you'll always master-craft it with high-quality resources (which you can bring up to 99% with enough volume - see below). Higher skill lets you work with poorer quality resources.

Techniques:
- Binary on/off on whether or not you could mastercraft the end product. Capped at outstanding without the feat.
- No bonuses you have to try to calculate to determine difficulty.
- No phantom bonuses.
- Feats affecting tool quality, repair, speed bonuses more or less stay as is.

Resources:
- More redundancy in the system, especially among common materials*. This creates a saner means of determining tiers.
- Power would be based on difficulty of the critter. Higher difficulty is better quality.
- Yesterday's MTX = today's new creatures.
- Require specific resources for certain templates*.
- All crafts have a way of improving the quality of the resource by reducing the quantity.
- Better playability around the materials. There's only one thickness of cloth. Different cloths have different densities.

Scripting:
- The more complicated I make it, the more people are going to script.
- Stop putting in code explicitly to thwart scripts. It doesn't work. It's wasted effort. It just makes it so everyone moves to lich or genie and scripts more.
- Allow a non-crafting training method. There's no reason to bottleneck crafts behind specific geographies. It can be less efficient, but it doesn't have to be prohibitively slow.
- Remove the seasonal change for sigils.

Workorders:
- Completely remove the system, and instead let people hand the master a master-crafted item. Marked items give you prestige. Unmarked items do not.
- Maker marks just have to be crafted by the individual using them, with the right technique. No work order limit. You need a certain rank requirement to buy the pattern, but it's incredibly easy to make (50 forging or less).

Now you open up the system to those who don't want to spend more time and effort with this system than their real-life jobs, you still leave in complexity, but you don't have to go into test to see if you can do something because of the dozens of variables determining the output. It's a very static option.

* This is understanding that MTX is a requirement, and selling us many different tools were likely one of the bigger goals.
Re: Crafting 01/01/2020 11:39 PM CST
I have to say the sigil harvesting is the most annoying aspect of enchanting for me. It is cool in theory.. and yet for work orders or just grinding experience it is the worst.

There should never be a work order that asks for sigils that can't be bought in the society hall.

Beyond that, things you hunt for, should be uncommon to rare to ultra rare materials, not common or mass used ingredients. basic sigils of all types should be available in the store, with higher quality ones that you hunt for. I mean this is how all the other crafting disciplines work.

(also wouldn't complain if the above post was referenced with binding and invoking... just saying)
Re: Crafting 01/02/2020 03:55 PM CST
SHIFT3, respectfully, summaries are easier to read than big lists. I would have still gotten your point. :)

The beauty of the crafting system is that anyone can easily accomplish "make a thing," but there are many layers of complexity beyond that, which offer their own rewards as you progress in the learning process. Yes, including all the stuff you listed. The vast majority of those things are not things your average noob needs to learn about, except maybe workability eventually if they are doing work orders. But you can still learn without work orders.

It's exactly the kind of design I love: offers something for everyone at entry level, but rich with complexity by the end.

>>Tools & Secondary Resources: More than 70!

I agree that there are an awful lot of tools and wish they could be bundled into toolboxes or something. That said, the vast majority of people are not training all 5 crafts.

>>Do you remember the discussion about removing attack? Enough players hated replacing one command with 20 that they coded in a work-around to keep it.

I would have no problem if the GMs implemented an "attack" for crafting, as long as the end product suffered a little (much like how ATTACK works in combat). Would this be enough to solve people's problems? If so I would make that very clear to the GMs.

>>MTX purchases will frequently give you rewards on par with what the best crafters can craft, with none of the hassle, because what else are they going to sell it?

This is an entirely different problem, one that I agree kinda sucks. There needs to be a better niche for high-end crafters than "Oh yeah, I guess I can make my secondary weapons haralun."

- Navesi

Re: Crafting 01/02/2020 08:42 PM CST

> SHIFT3, respectfully, summaries are easier to read than big lists. I would have still gotten your point. :)

Yeah, that second half was probably a bit of an overkill.

> The beauty of the crafting system is that anyone can easily accomplish "make a thing,"

You really can't though. Assume you buy a character and haven't put in the 10,000 hours training to make the thing. You have the syntax game to play.

> That said, the vast majority of people are not training all 5 crafts.

I'd be really interested to see a snapshot on what they are training. I suspect outfitting is the go-to because of knitting. Maybe forging because of thematics, work orders, or usefulness. Maybe a few converted mech.

> I would have no problem if the GMs implemented an "attack" for crafting, as long as the end product suffered a little (much like how ATTACK works in combat).

I'd rather the suffering be in time and not the end product itself, unless it maybe required 5% more skill to do it this way.

> Would this be enough to solve people's problems?

From a training perspective, there are three big problems to solve:

1. Obscene number of tools and consumables.
2. Ridiculously slow to train.
3. Obnoxious syntax puzzles.
4. Poor returns.

I would love to be wrong, but I don't think they'll fix #1 and #2 now that they sell almanacs to get around it. #3 could hopefully be fixed with the afor mentioned attack command, but that won't really do much if you still have to swap tools and sometimes rooms anyway. #4 could be fixed with WO payout, but I doubt they're in a giving mood there considering the nerfs.

> This is an entirely different problem, one that I agree kinda sucks. There needs to be a better niche for high-end crafters than "Oh yeah, I guess I can make my secondary weapons haralun."

I've come to accept that this is one that won't be solved. Anything less than MC might as well be scrapped. High-end crafters are really only wanted for niche patterns or doing something with auction-level material. Anything else is just... what's the point? Do it if you enjoy it. Don't bother with it if you just want the end product. Maybe that's not that bad, but it sure is a sad epitaph. The intentions were good. Give lore a purpose, but after 10 years we have just further eroded guild identity and replaced most end products with MTX. Too bad for the crafters who spent years getting to that point.
Re: Crafting 01/02/2020 10:09 PM CST
>>> The beauty of the crafting system is that anyone can easily accomplish "make a thing,"

>You really can't though. Assume you buy a character and haven't put in the 10,000 hours training to make the thing. You have the syntax game to play.

This is where we disagree. Not only are there instructions in the crafting books, but there are detailed guides on the wiki, and ANALYZE provides clues.

Also, it's not relevant to the argument whether a character is bought as the process remains essentially the same, excepting maybe the workability issue for work orders and playing around to see what level teaches. But even so, we should never design around bought characters.

>>From a training perspective, there are three big problems to solve:

>>1. Obscene number of tools and consumables.

As I said, there aren't that many in practice because most people do not train all the crafts. I'd guess the great majority train 0-1, maybe 2.

>>2. Ridiculously slow to train.

This is a separate problem and one I agree with.

>>3. Obnoxious syntax puzzles.

My suggestion is to sell a "toolkit" and use the "attack" command with the toolkit. You automatically use the right tool, but at a cost to end quality/time taken. Although I still argue that the crafting book foreword, wiki, and ANALYZE make syntax fairly easy.

>>4. Poor returns.

In my experience, if done right, work orders pay very decently, so not sure what you're seeing wrong here. But I haven't played with all the disciplines, so maybe some could use a bump?

>>I've come to accept that this is one that won't be solved.

They could solve the lack of high-end crafting niche by making the next wave of cool weapons/thingamabobs require a PC crafter for one piece of the product at least. I don't know if they'll ever do it but it's what I'd like to see.

- Navesi

Re: Crafting 01/05/2020 09:53 AM CST
SHIFT3, I think you're overstating your case a bit. With regard to resource variables, no material has all those. You don't treat cloth like you do a block of metal.

2-component densities can be done on a calculator, if not in one's head.

I would agree with sigils' seasons, which require keeping a table of what rooms have what primary/secondary sigils in which season.

>There should never be a work order that asks for sigils that can't be bought in the society hall.

I agree in principle but not literally. Your exact words would mean that EVERYTHING could be make with storebought sigils. That is making things TOO brainless in my opinion. As it is, you can get through Tier 9 off storebought sigils with the correct WO items.

Naniaki Felyran

"I have faith in the current crop of GMs to not screw people over"

>>Actually an opinion cannot be changed or corrected. Nice try back of line.-VERATHOR
>>But it can be wrong.-Starlear
Re: Crafting 01/05/2020 08:46 PM CST
Except that is how every other crafting profession works. There is no need for rare finds or anywhere near the same level of hunting just for work order material.

I don't need tyrium or senci for work orders.

Same thing should be true with enchanting. Store bought sigils should be lower quality, sure, but they should be available.

If you want higher quality ones for items to be sold, you go hunting.

I just want a low quality sigil available for all possible sigils. It would also give a baseline for testing crafting ability.
Re: Crafting 01/06/2020 09:03 PM CST
>>I don't need tyrium or senci for work orders.

Harvested sigils are never that high tier. They're more akin to silver, electrum, platinum, etc. They can sometimes reach levels akin to kertig or haralun, but you should never need precision this high for training.

As long as you know where the sigil is located that season, it takes maybe 20-30 seconds to harvest that area for 1-4. It's not ideal to have to do once you hit Tier 9, but it's not the end of the world.

- Navesi

Re: Crafting 01/07/2020 08:19 AM CST

> They can sometimes reach levels akin to kertig or haralun, but you should never need precision this high for training.

I'm not aware of any "silver" equivalent to sigils. You don't boost WO payouts that way. You can craft an engineering product which you use as a base to do fairly well, but if you're doing that then just do engineering work orders which already pay well above what you're going to see in enchanting.

And I really don't think you're seeing "kertig" or "haralun" quality with sigils. The best I've seen from someone who farms all day with decently high skills is a sigil with precision in the upper 70s. That's not even bronze (80 hardness), let alone the 95 you'd see with kertig or haralun, or the 99 you'd see with tyrium.
Re: Crafting 01/07/2020 10:08 AM CST
>It's not ideal to have to do once you hit Tier 9, but it's not the end of the world.

Tier 10. Tier 9 has Lay Ward Runestone (Rarefaction/Induction).

Naniaki Felyran

"I have faith in the current crop of GMs to not screw people over"

>>Actually an opinion cannot be changed or corrected. Nice try back of line.-VERATHOR
>>But it can be wrong.-Starlear
Re: Crafting 01/07/2020 04:19 PM CST
>>And I really don't think you're seeing "kertig" or "haralun" quality with sigils. The best I've seen from someone who farms all day with decently high skills is a sigil with precision in the upper 70s. That's not even bronze (80 hardness), let alone the 95 you'd see with kertig or haralun, or the 99 you'd see with tyrium.

The numbers for sigils, as I understand it, are not directly comparable to metal numbers. 70+ is what I would put in the kertig/haralun range. Lower numbers would put you in the silver range.

>>Tier 10. Tier 9 has Lay Ward Runestone (Rarefaction/Induction).

Sorry, you're right. I meant to say post-Tier 9.

- Navesi

Re: Crafting 01/07/2020 04:58 PM CST
<<The numbers for sigils, as I understand it, are not directly comparable to metal numbers. 70+ is what I would put in the kertig/haralun range. Lower numbers would put you in the silver range.>>

Actually, the range is similar to metals, its just the 2 techniques that would allow you to improve the sigils more than the 70ish range are not released yet. While in test, there were 99 precision ones that produced better enchantments.

Rehlyn

Well, see, there's the linchpin of why everything you're saying is wrong. There's the fulcrum. There's the centerpiece. There's the turkey on the Thanksgiving table.
Re: Crafting 01/08/2020 02:48 AM CST
My point was more along the lines of.. the other professions don't require anywhere near the same expenditure of time just to gather the resources for work order requests. You don't have to hunt and hope to find tyrium in the wild to be able to craft a long sword. It will just improve the end result if you spend that extra time to gather the better materials.

You can simply go buy common material from the society store. You can make pretty much anything, though of far inferior quality, with materials available in the society hall.

And partly that is just a difference in the way they were designed.

Seems like a small request that lines enchanting up with all the other crafting skills. (and would require only a relatively tiny distraction from other projects... it is just updating the store to offer more products)