Sigil books are huge 06/18/2019 08:00 PM CDT
This can't be right?

> measure book with yards
You compare your sigil book with the iron yardstick several times and are certain the length measures eight spans, the width measures six spans and the height measures two spans.
Roundtime: 5 sec.

That's just massive and having just 2 sigil books in a backpack or shoulder container prevents me from putting other stuff in it most of the time.

For comparison, here is the artificing book which is a reasonable size:

> measure book with yards
You compare your artificing book with the iron yardstick several times and are certain the length measures two spans, the width measures two spans and the height measures two spans.
Roundtime: 5 sec.
Re: Sigil books are huge 06/19/2019 03:45 AM CDT
I agree, the sigil book seems to be overly huge for the amount it holds.

Each sigil scroll measures 1 x 1 x 1 span, and the sigil book is 8 x 6 x 2. Normally, the book should hold a lot more than 20 sigil-scrolls. Using math, the area of the sigil book is 96 spans total, with sigil scrolls being 1. i would say, putting 96 in a sigil book might be overkill for future plans (we would love that though!), but if we reduced to size to something like 5 x 4 x 1 or a bit bigger, it would make a little more sense, because it's not gigantic. Also with it reducing inventory count, i would be okay with it being a bit larger, but that's just my ideas on helping reduce the size of the book.
Re: Sigil books are huge 06/19/2019 06:40 AM CDT
>>but if we reduced to size to something like 5 x 4 x 1 or a bit bigger

That's still way too big. 1 span is 4", the system tracks smaller amounts but will display as a span (https://elanthipedia.play.net/Measure_command). Why would you need a 12" overhang on the width of the book and a 16" overhang on the length? IMO, with the rounding it should also be 1x1x1, because 20 pieces of paper aren't going to be more than 4" and you only need the binding to be slightly larger than the paper so it rounds down. But 2x2x2 is reasonable and consistent with crafting books, which hold a lot more than 20 pages.
Re: Sigil books are huge 06/23/2019 12:46 AM CDT
Howdy folks. It was intended for sigil books to be so big. We'll get it fixed up here in the coming days.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: Sigil books are huge 06/23/2019 07:45 AM CDT
>>Howdy folks. It was intended for sigil books to be so big. We'll get it fixed up here in the coming days.

Confused. Did you mean "It wasn't intended for sigil books to be so big."?
Re: Sigil books are huge 06/27/2019 09:21 PM CDT
Hah, sorry yes. We're working on a change to address the sigil book size and add some color options for easier organizing. Lack of sleep is getting me here ;)

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: Sigil books are huge 06/27/2019 09:55 PM CDT
When you adjust their size could you take a look at their weight too? 50 stones seems a bit heavy for a book.

Looking forward to those color options, that will make keeping sigils sorted much easier.

ā€œIā€™m sorry that your mystical, godlike powers do not instantly work as you would like them to.ā€