"my" points to player before own item 06/18/2018 01:42 PM CDT
Eg

Rub my slickstone on my shirt targets a user whose name begins with "my" in the same room before it targets my shirt
Re: "my" points to player before own item 06/18/2018 06:34 PM CDT
>Rub my slickstone on my shirt targets a user whose name begins with "my" in the same room before it targets my shirt

This would be a parser issue and I'm not certain how likely it is to be fixed, unfortunately. While it's a simple fix in theory in practice it'd probably be a giant pain.
Re: "my" points to player before own item 06/18/2018 07:10 PM CDT
It's probably something deeply awful like changing how the game engine stores rooms in memory.

"Warrior Mages don't bother covering up their disasters.
They're proud of them." -Raesh, on history
Re: "my" points to player before own item 06/18/2018 07:17 PM CDT
>It's probably something deeply awful like changing how the game engine stores rooms in memory.

Potentially. I think the best case scenario is that they just edit the utility code that processes my/in/on/under/etc. to have a sanity check on if the result is a player "object".

But this is me speaking with zero knowledge of the game back end.

This issue is particularly noticeable with player-owned caravans where if there's anyone at all in game whose name starts with "My" you try to interact with them instead of your intended target which makes me really want to see how the caravan rooms are set up!
Re: "my" points to player before own item 06/18/2018 11:52 PM CDT
A work around for this was put in where you could use SCRAPE instead of RUB for most crafting actions and tools. I haven't found one yet that doesn't work. And I now leave all those My people alone.
Re: "my" points to player before own item 08/09/2018 06:47 PM CDT
The thing is that rub seems to be one of the few verbs to have that problem. Seems strange that rub works on players instead of objects in hand first when others do not.

Abison/Rystien