Crafting Tool Sack from the Society Clerk 02/07/2018 11:36 AM CST
Is there some reason that the sack the clerk gives you when you retrieve your stored tools isn't big enough to hold the tools after you take them out?

Right now, if I have my forging tools in storage, I have to either:
1. Ask for each tool individually, store the tool in my container, when I'm done forging return the individual tool back to the clerk
2. Ask for the tools, get a sack, take the tools out of the sack and put them in my container, when I'm done forging return the individual tools back to the clerk

Step 2 just adds an extra step into the mix with no benefit.

Wouldn't it be nice if I could ask for my tools, get a sack, wear the sack, take tools out and put them back in the sack, then return the sack to the clerk?

I can see an argument that you don't want to be handing out free large containers, but it wouldn't be hard to make the sack only hold crafting tools. The clerk only takes so many tools so it's not like we're talking about 1000 lbs of items or a 100x100x100 sack or anything crazy.
Re: Crafting Tool Sack from the Society Clerk 02/07/2018 01:59 PM CST
>>Is there some reason that the sack the clerk gives you when you retrieve your stored tools isn't big enough to hold the tools after you take them out?<<

I would assume that this is to avoid the abuse of people getting free containers with large amounts of storage, but I may be wrong. It would be nice if the tools you got out of it could be put back in.

Just play. Have fun. Enjoy the game. Michael Jordan
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/topics/game
Re: Crafting Tool Sack from the Society Clerk 02/07/2018 02:12 PM CST
>>I would assume that this is to avoid the abuse of people getting free containers with large amounts of storage, but I may be wrong. It would be nice if the tools you got out of it could be put back in.

I don't use the society storage, but if this is a real concern I don't know why they can't charge a silver for a 10x10x10 1000 stone box that can't be worn. At that point you might as well just buy a crossing backpack instead of potentially abuse the container generated.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.