Analyze crafting tools roundtimes 02/25/2016 01:24 PM CST
Is there any chance this mechanic could be changed so that I'm not punished for having a better skill in appraising? I like to analyze my tools to make sure they're in decent condition and while a new character with no skill can analyze a tool and see its damage in ~4 seconds I have to spend over 10 seconds a tool because I have more training?
Re: Analyze crafting tools roundtimes 02/25/2016 01:41 PM CST
I wouldn't be against an ANALYZE QUICK like appraise that only shows quality and durability.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Analyze crafting tools roundtimes 02/28/2016 08:30 PM CST
An ANALYZE QUICK sounds like a good idea. Please add it to the Wiki so I don't lose track of it.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: Analyze crafting tools roundtimes 02/28/2016 10:09 PM CST

Gladly, can anyone point me to the right page to post it to?
Re: Analyze crafting tools roundtimes 02/28/2016 10:46 PM CST
This is the crafting feedback page: https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Crafting_feedback
Re: Analyze crafting tools roundtimes 03/14/2016 03:38 AM CDT
Rather see it expanded beyond just 'quick'. I'd rather see it all broken down into picking a specific option (or an ALL).

I do LOTS of analyzing.

Sometimes I do it to see the quality.
Sometimes for the condition of a tool.
Sometimes I do it for the tool qualities (potency and durability).
Sometimes I do it to see the composition of an item.
Sometimes I do it for a volume count.
Very, very, very rarely do I do it because I don't know what corrective step to take (usually on Carving between riffler and rasp).

Very rarely do I care about more than one of these per ANALYZE. The only thing I can think of offhand are ingots.

Naniaki Felyran

"I have faith in the current crop of GMs to not screw people over"

>>Actually an opinion cannot be changed or corrected. Nice try back of line.-VERATHOR
>>But it can be wrong.-Starlear