Braiding QoL 01/29/2016 09:56 AM CST
Can we please get the glove hindrance removed from braiding? After using sleeves for a while since I've been back I realized they don't cause the penalty but moving back to my regular armor my gloves still do and it is a very noticeable difference.
Re: Braiding QoL 01/29/2016 10:09 AM CST
Haha, I suspect that's less a feature of sleeves and more a bug.
Re: Braiding QoL 01/29/2016 10:39 AM CST
Not really a bug, just a limitation of the code. The braid code just checks "Do I have armor currently worn in the hands slot?" Since sleeves are worn in the arm slot then that's a no and they don't affect the outcome.

It's not hard to remove and stow gloves, at any rate. Even my basic Wizard braiding script from way back in the day managed that more than easily enough.

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: Braiding QoL 01/29/2016 12:15 PM CST
> It's not hard to remove and stow gloves, at any rate. Even my basic Wizard braiding script from way back in the day managed that more than easily enough.

Sorry maybe I should have clarified that by QoL, I meant Quality of Life change. You can currently braid with sleeves with no issue and can do all the other crafting professions with all your armor on and have it not hinder you. It would be nice (if it is a simple and easy fix like removing a line that checks for the hand armor in the code) to not have to add this to scripts just because.
Re: Braiding QoL 01/29/2016 06:47 PM CST
Personally, with mech going away and enchanting to yet be released I'd rather see the time vested on something more constructive than updating braiding grass/vines to not check for armor.

As Absolon said its very easy to set this up in any script to remove hand armor. Either by having it do inv armor and match off specific items like gloves, gauntlets etc or having it check the characters name and set it based on which character so it is easy to set up for multiple characters.
Re: Braiding QoL 01/30/2016 10:44 PM CST
I would urge you to consider those of us who are toiling under mech lore currently because enchanting has not yet been released. Take my case for example, i have 580 ranks of mech sitting there, waiting to be converted into enchanting. Since enchanting doesn't exist yet and have no way to train it if i convert, i'd be stuck not advancing until it is released so i can't convert.

Now i'm basically stuck braiding/folding for mech because starting over another craft would take too long to catch up my current 580 ranks in mech, so really, any and all QoL changes or just something that could be added to braiding would be amazing like really amazing. (that or release a way to train enchanting..)

Damian, a voice from the distant and long-forgotten past.
AIM:DamianDR