QOL- Foraged item stacking not working 05/24/2015 05:16 AM CDT

Can there please be some way to manage foraged items efficiently? I bought an herb stacker thinking finally I can take these 50 piles of 6 herbs and make them 2 piles of 150 herbs or something manageable, only to get the message that the herb can't be placed in there. This is QOL for not only being able to dry herbs at a reasonable rate via pyramid, but also for inventory space, because as it is, 100 inventory space is required to have enough materials on-hand to make about 20 blister creams.
Re: QOL- Foraged item stacking not working 05/24/2015 05:38 PM CDT
I think remedy materials stack automatically. You don't need to use any stacker containers.

Just hold both and combine. That's what I do when I buy a ton of plovik to make chest ungents or whatever.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: QOL- Foraged item stacking not working 05/25/2015 05:58 AM CDT
That works for processed (dried/crushed) herbs. You are buying processed things, not foraging them probably (undried/crushed). The problem lies in that if anyone wants to process herbs it is an adventure. You can only dry 4 to 7 things in a pyramid, and that takes a long time/sun just to get 1 24 count prepared herb. The big pyramid is able to hold 300 herbs technically if they could be stacked, but the problem is they can't be stacked until dried, and no reason to put them in a pyramid if they are already dried. Secondly, you are lugging around all of your inventory space limit in herbs until you dry/crush them, just because you cant take this stack of 6 flowers and that stack of 6 flowers and put them together :(
Re: QOL- Foraged item stacking not working 05/25/2015 09:26 AM CDT
>>>> The big pyramid is able to hold 300 herbs technically if they could be stacked, but the problem is they can't be stacked until dried, and no reason to put them in a pyramid if they are already dried. Secondly, you are lugging around all of your inventory space limit in herbs until you dry/crush them, just because you cant take this stack of 6 flowers and that stack of 6 flowers and put them together :(

As an alchemist, I agree it is a bit annoying to deal with. Having said that, it really isn't out of line with any of the other crafting abilities as they all have analogous problems. In fact carving doesn't even have a stacking system for stones and virtually requires that you use a register and work in a crafting society in order to train the skill. The major difference between alchemy and the other crafts is the fact that you really can't train it entirely with herbs purchased from the society and perhaps this is the easiest solution to your problem.
Re: QOL- Foraged item stacking not working 05/25/2015 11:46 AM CDT
The alchemy societies now have one step drying equipment. I think you can dry the foraged stacks there and then stack them after relatively quickly. You only have to lug around the stacks until you can run to the society.

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: QOL- Foraged item stacking not working 05/25/2015 12:19 PM CDT
>In fact carving doesn't even have a stacking system for stones and virtually requires that you use a register and work in a crafting society in order to train the skill.

Not to nitpick, but carrying around chisels and pebbles for making beads is probably the easiest and most convenient crafting out there. Three pebbles carved (that's 30 stones, 3 items, and maybe ten minutes in the mines) and I'm close to locked.

>The major difference between alchemy and the other crafts is the fact that you really can't train it entirely with herbs purchased from the society and perhaps this is the easiest solution to your problem.

I'd agree with this. But I dunno, even making the small pyramids hold 5 and the standard pyramids hold 10 would make life a little better. There's always been something a little annoying about alchemy I can't quite put my finger on, and I'd agree that juggling the sun the moon and the stars on top of all the herbs and widgets and stuff that has to be kept in little tiny stacks is probably a big part of that.

Stacking in crafting in general just needs to be 'bigger'. I'd much rather carry a big jug of tanning solution instead of ten little potions. And I get the limitations, I'm just putting it out there anyways.

~It's what I do when I'm an area without vines.