Paying to Forget Broken Techs 04/11/2015 02:18 PM CDT
> ask mill about forget Tailored Equipment Maintenance

Milline tilts her head to one side and inquires, "I should have known you couldn't do this. If you want to unlearn the tailored equipment maintenance technique, I can do it for a mere 625000 Kronars."
(You must confirm this command by resubmitting it within the next 10 seconds.)
> ask mill about forget Tailored Equipment Maintenance
Milline takes you back into the workshop and calmly discusses the reasons why you wish to unlearn all that was taught to you. Then, when she senses your mind can't be changed, she forcefully explains the Society rules and the requirement of no longer using the techniques you were taught. Following this unpleasent ritual, Milline declares you are free to learn another technique!

Kind of annoying the tech doesn't work for the damage protection, but no free wipe. Same thing happened when I picked up and then had to forget

Bone Armor Reinforcing
Bone Armor Strengthening

Why are these offered when they don't do anything. Can I get my 1875000 kroners back? Probably not which pisses me off.

[20:11] Chatter[Arathael] Usually only get skill when it's successful.
[20:13] Chatter[Morpion] Thats why Arathael has 0.00 ranks in Getting Girls
[20:14] Chatter[Arathael] =(
Re: Paying to Forget Broken Techs 04/12/2015 01:09 PM CDT
THIS. Completely Agree.

Staff should go back and fix the problems of released systems. BEFORE releasing new ones which will surely have their own problems too. It only compounds the workload.

Focus on a system and FIX it, regardless of 'the code is a nightmare' excuse, which is often given.

I, too, had to unlearn those things after learning through experience that they do not exist.
Re: Paying to Forget Broken Techs 04/12/2015 01:35 PM CDT

> Focus on a system and FIX it, regardless of 'the code is a nightmare' excuse, which is often given.

Meh. It sounds like the system will affect a whole of 5 people, and it's something a volunteer doesn't want to spend their time on. I think learning the techs should probably be disabled if they don't do anything, but I'd rather not burn out devs on something of minimal consequence.
Re: Paying to Forget Broken Techs 04/12/2015 10:01 PM CDT
> I think learning the techs should probably be disabled if they don't do anything

This and gimme back my coins

Re: Paying to Forget Broken Techs 04/15/2015 09:16 AM CDT
Well, I do my best to get these things fixed when I become aware of them. My notes consist of about 250 excel spreadsheets and 2500 code files. It is very easy for me to overlook something.

Last month I WAS going through and fixing all the bugs reported on Elanthipedia. I will resume this once my life allows me to.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: Paying to Forget Broken Techs 04/15/2015 11:05 AM CDT
Always appreciate the work you do K. Don't want you to think I don't. I know you all have huge lists and limited time. Just wanted to bring it to attention because I know you do 100000000000 things at once.